[net.micro.att] ATT UNIX PC Expansion Slots?

cary@sdcsvax.UUCP (Steve Cary) (05/08/85)

Can anyone tell me of any plans for these slots?
In particular, I would like to see a couple of
extra serial lines. We would like to use this
machine in a control function that requires 3 serial
connections.

Perhaps an alternative would be a pointer to
someone inside of ATT who could answer questions
like this... Our local distributors don't seem
to have any information about these slots. (ARGH!)

Thanks in advance.

	Steve Cary
	Scientific Computer Systems
	sdcsvax!cary or (soon!) sdcsvax!scs-sd!steve
	619-450-2600

dwight@timeinc.UUCP (Dwight Ernest) (05/11/85)

In article <848@sdcsvax.UUCP> cary@sdcsvax.UUCP (Steve Cary) writes:
>Can anyone tell me of any plans for these slots?
>In particular, I would like to see a couple of
>extra serial lines. We would like to use this
>machine in a control function that requires 3 serial
>connections.

Note that currently, *ALL* of the Unix PC expansion slots
are FULL if you expand to 2 megs of main memory. AT&T says
they will be improving this situation soon with the announcement
of 256 kb RAM chips, but in the meantime, if you populate to
the "full" two megs, you are out of luck in terms of
expandability.
		--Dwight Ernest	KA2CNN	\ Usenet:...vax135!timeinc!dwight
		  Time Inc. Edit./Prod. Tech. Grp., New York City
		  Voice: (212) 554-5061 \ Compuserve: 70210,523
		  Telemail: DERNEST/TIMECOMDIV/TIMEINC \ MCI: DERNEST
"The opinions expressed above are those of the writer and do not necessarily
 reflect the opinions of Time Incorporated."