[net.micro.att] Replacement DISKS for 3b2.

ijk@hou5e.UUCP (Ihor Kinal) (07/01/85)

Supposedly CDC makes the disks for the AT&T 3b2, and one can go to them
direct to obtain replacements of various sizes upto 140 meg (at
reasonable prioces).  Does anyone have a phone number for CDC sales
so that we can veriphy this rumor (and place an order), please???

Thanx.
Ihor Kinal
hru3c!ijk
(don't send mail to hou5e - it dies in a few days).

cwd@cuae2.UUCP (Chris Donahue) (07/03/85)

Well, that's a good rumor. There are only 5 disks approved for use and
supported in the 3B2/300 and 3B2/400 computers: (all sizes formatted)

Seagate 10MB disk (3B2/300 only)
CDC 30 MB
CDC 72 MB
Priam 72 MB
Micropolis 72 MB

If you put anything else in you void your service contract. You can be sneaky
and replace the disk with the original and then call service. You will also
need the disk formatting utilities to format any other non-standard disk
before it is used.

Chris Donahue
AT&T Info. Sys.
Application Engineering

sambo@ukma.UUCP (Inventor of micro-S) (07/10/85)

In article <348@cuae2.UUCP> cwd@cuae2.UUCP (Chris Donahue) writes:
>There are only 5 disks approved for use and
>supported in the 3B2/300 and 3B2/400 computers:

What is a 3B2/400?
Samuel A. Figueroa, Dept. of CS, Univ. of KY, Lexington, KY  40506-0027
ARPA: ukma!sambo<@ANL-MCS>, or sambo%ukma.uucp@anl-mcs.arpa,
      or even anlams!ukma!sambo@ucbvax.arpa
UUCP: {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,oddjob}!anlams!ukma!sambo,
      or cbosgd!ukma!sambo

	"Micro-S is great, if only people would start using it."