[net.micro.att] Sofware Development on the UNIX PC

aaa@mtunh.UUCP (Aaron Akman) (05/20/85)

***

I have found the AT&T UNIX PC to be very reasonable for software development.

I work in an environment where I could do all of my development on a VAX
running UNIX, but I have chosen to do everything on the UNIX PC:  I must
have about 40 s.*.[ch] files and I'm using make, sccs, and all the usual
compiler tools.
After working this way for a while, I see no reason for changing back to
the VAX.

Aaron Akman, mtunh!aaa

These are my views, not my employer's

alex@rruxc.UUCP (A DeSimone) (07/23/85)

Aaron Akman writes:
>I have found the AT&T UNIX PC to be very reasonable for software development.
>After working this way for a while, I see no reason for changing back to
>the VAX.

I, too, have found the AT&T UNIX PC to be a good software development box.
However, my experience has shown that compile time on the UNIX PC is
considerably longer than on an "average load" VAX.

Still, performance on the 7300 is good and I think it's a
dynomite little machine.  Personally, I can't afford a VAX.

Alex DeSimone,  Amala Consultants Inc., @ Bell Communications Research

UUCP: ..!ihnp4!rruxc!alex