[net.micro.att] Direct./path s in CORRECTSTAR?

2212msr@whuts.UUCP (ROBIN) (11/14/85)

According to CORRECTSTAR 3.3 manual, drive/path names are recognized
for locations of dictionaries.  However, it will only function if paths
are of the form X:fn!! Any type of path, even just specifying root,
e.g. d:\main.dct, causes CS to issue an error.  Can anyone help?
I really don't want all the disctionary files in the root directory.

Max S. Robin
AT&T Bell Laboratories
Whippany, NJ 07981
201-386-6865

email:whuxg!2212msr

mojo@kepler.UUCP (Morris Jones) (11/15/85)

In article <375@whuts.UUCP> 2212msr@whuts.UUCP (ROBIN) writes:
>According to CORRECTSTAR 3.3 manual, drive/path names are recognized
>for locations of dictionaries.  However, it will only function if paths
>are of the form X:fn!! Any type of path, even just specifying root,
>e.g. d:\main.dct, causes CS to issue an error.  Can anyone help?
>I really don't want all the disctionary files in the root directory.

I bet you're using DOS 3.x.  Apply this patch:

"CorrectStar uses DOS 1.1 filename conventions and cannot
find its dictionaries when they are installed in
subdirectories. The error message ``Cannot Locate Internal
Dct'' is displayed. Make the following patch to eliminate
the error message.  Enter the text enclosed in quotes.

    A:>"DEBUG B:CORRSTAR.OVR" <Return>
    -"E1342" <Return>
    xxxx:1342 75."7C" <Return>
    -"W" <Return>
    Writing XXXX bytes
    -"Q" <Return>
"

And just for good measure, here's another WordStar DOS 3.0 patch:

"WordStar does not update the file directory display when the
logged drive is changed.  The following patch will display
the correct files on the alternate drive.  Enter the text
enclosed in quotes.

    A>"DEBUG B:WS.COM" <Return>
    -"F1F01 L5 E9 8C 05 90 90" <Return>
    -"F2490 LA C6 06 A9 45 00 3C FF 75 01 C3" <Return>
    -"F249A LB E9 69 FA 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90" <Return>
    -"W" <Return>
    writing xxxx bytes
    -"Q" <Return>

Mojo
(author of CorrectStar 3.3 with Houghton-Mifflin)
--
Mojo
... Morris Jones, MicroPro Product Development