[net.music] Suicide

malik@galaxy.DEC (Karl Malik ZK01-1/F22 1-1440) (11/05/85)

	So, who can tell me something about a band called 'Suicide'?

	They fooled me.  I was scanning the radio and came upon this
wall of noise with some garbled voices in the background that sounded
kinda nice, and I thought 'Hey, maybe this is the live broadcast of
the LA New Music America series'.  So, I listened, thinking I was
listening to some 'serious' avant-garde work.  Then the announcer
came on and announced that it was (forgotten the title) by Suicide.

	I think this is their latest album.  Anyone have it?  Care
to post a review?

						- Karl

ebm@ingres.ARPA (Grady Toss) (11/06/85)

In article <1271@decwrl.UUCP> malik@galaxy.DEC writes:
> So, who can tell me something about a band called 'Suicide'?
>
> I was scanning the radio and came upon this wall of noise
> with some garbled voices in the background...

I don't know anything about a new album from Suicide, but there
was a New York band of the same name, composed of Alan Vega and
Martin Rev releasing albums 5 or 6 years ago.  They have at least
two albums out under that name, and some solo albums out under
their own (mostly Vega's).  The Suicide LP's are more minimalist
synth and voodoo vocals.

... gt