[net.micro.att] Bug in ANSI.SYS

geoff@suneast.uucp (Geoff Arnold) (01/13/86)

Has anyone else run into this?:
On an AT&T 6300 (DOS 2.1), I have a C program which printf's:
What happens is that the message is printed in reverse video, and then the
screen from the start of the next line to the end of the screen is reversed.
The next command prompt, and all subsequent text, is in normal video mode,
but as long as it's not overwritten the reversed area remains, scrolling up.

Is this a known Phoenix BIOS bug? The program works just fine on a Compaq.

--
#include <sys/disclaimer.h> /* co. lawyers: will this do? */
Geoff Arnold         =-=-= Quick:  617-863-8870 x136 (but ya gotta catch me!)

josephs@ttidcb.UUCP (Bill Josephs) (01/15/86)

In article <132@suneast.uucp> geoff@suneast.uucp (Geoff Arnold) writes:
>Has anyone else run into this?:
>On an AT&T 6300 (DOS 2.1), I have a C program which printf's:
>What happens is that the message is printed in reverse video, and then the
>screen from the start of the next line to the end of the screen is reversed.
>The next command prompt, and all subsequent text, is in normal video mode,
>but as long as it's not overwritten the reversed area remains, scrolling up.
>
>Is this a known Phoenix BIOS bug? The program works just fine on a Compaq.
>
>--
>#include <sys/disclaimer.h> /* co. lawyers: will this do? */
>Geoff Arnold         =-=-= Quick:  617-863-8870 x136 (but ya gotta catch me!)
>Sun Microsystems Inc.-=-=- Slower: {hplabs,ihnp4,nsc,pyramid}!sun!suneast!geoff
>East Coast Division. =-=-= Slowest:One Cranberry Hill, Lexington, MA 02173

I ran into the same problem and cured it by stealing a copy of an IBM
ansi.sys from a friend's IBM XT.  Works OK except it scrolls too fast;
any global fix posted would be appreciated.

Thanks..

			Bill Josephs
			TTI