[net.micro.att] 3B1, 7300, UNIX PC

kg@elan.UUCP (Ken Greer) (01/15/86)

In article <610@harvard.UUCP>, dyer@harvard.UUCP (Steve Dyer) writes:
> How does the 3B1 differ from the 7300?  Where can I receive information
> on availability and price (this seems to be a perennial problem with
> AT&T products.

The 3B1 is a 7300 with a larger disk (and I think an extra RS-232 port).
Salesfolks still call it the 7300 or UNIX PC.  We have a prototype,
but I think they are generally available now.  Your best bet for info
is a local computer store that carries AT&T. (Such as Gateway).
--
Ken Greer
{amdahl,hplabs}!elan!kg

rich@rexago1.UUCP (K. Richard Magill) (01/16/86)

In article <107@elan.UUCP> kg@elan.UUCP (Ken Greer) writes:
>In article <610@harvard.UUCP>, dyer@harvard.UUCP (Steve Dyer) writes:
>> How does the 3B1 differ from the 7300?  Where can I receive information
>> on availability and price (this seems to be a perennial problem with
>> AT&T products.)
>
>The 3B1 is a 7300 with a larger disk (and I think an extra RS-232 port).
>Salesfolks still call it the 7300 or UNIX PC.  We have a prototype,
>but I think they are generally available now.  Your best bet for info
>is a local computer store that carries AT&T. (Such as Gateway).

OUR 3b1 does indeed have a larger hard disk, still just the one rs-232,
but the GREAT part is that the hard disk is quiet & about twice as fast.
(the slow hard disk is a shortcoming on the 7300/Safari)

K. Richard Magill

PS, BOTH have an optional streaming tape backup unit & an optional
msdos board/subsystem (har, har) 8\)