[net.micro.att] Additional Hard Disks for Unix PC 7300

randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) (02/19/86)

In article <673@mtung.UUCP> jhc@mtung.UUCP (Jonathan Clark) writes:
>Sorry, everybody, but there is no way to add multiple hard disks to a
>UNIX PC.
>You *can* add a bigger drive, and this can be a full height if you
>are willing to extend the power and data cables out the back. I'm
>currently using a 40MB Maxtor drive this way myself. Any reports from
>people using 80MB drives - either full or half height?

	Yep, I am using a Micropolis 80 meg drive (1024 cylinders, 8 heads)
full height.  I waffle between running it external in a cabinet to
internal with the top cover resting on it.  It is a FAST drive (~35 ms)
and can run notesfiles, and a full news feed on it with enough space
left over to get lost.  Too bad it is really only a single user
machine.  Also, with the 3.0 upgrade to UNIX, the windows and
other stuff are FAST!

--
.. that's the biz, sweetheart...
Randy Suess