[net.micro.att] disabling auto-answer on 7300

brahms@spp5.UUCP (Bradley S. Brahms) (03/20/86)

Is there anyway to set the internal modem on the 7300 so that it will not
answer incomming calls?  I currently do not use line 1 (setup for VOICE)
and have line 2 setup for data.  Thanx.

			-- Brad Brahms
			   usenet: {decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!trwrb!trwspp!brahms
			   arpa:   Brahms@usc-eclc

install@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (03/27/86)

In article <116@spp5.UUCP>, brahms@spp5.UUCP (Bradley S. Brahms) writes:
> Is there anyway to set the internal modem on the 7300 so that it will not
> answer incomming calls?  I currently do not use line 1 (setup for VOICE)
> and have line 2 setup for data.  Thanx.

Yes, you can modify the script /usr/bin/geton.sh

This script turns on the 'getty' (phone answering) process each time the
phone manager is done with the phone.  Of course, you're giving up on ever
having incoming mail, netnews, etc that you don't poll for -- this may be
no problem for you, depending on how you have things set up.

				Kevin O'Gorman
				...{ihnp4,hjuxa}!wcom!kosman!install