[net.micro.att] Lctrl <-> capslock switch for the unix pc

mark@cbosgd.UUCP (Mark Horton) (04/29/86)

In article <589@mtune.UUCP> jhc@mtune.UUCP (Jonathan Clark) writes:
>A loadable driver to so this has been available from THE STORE! for ages.
>Just pick up CAPCTL. Thanks to Marcus Hand for answering the question
>before I did and to Paul Fox who wrote the software.

Anybody have one for the 6300 plus?  Preferably one that handle both
UNIX and DOS, but I'll take what I can get.

	Mark

Unknown@hplabs.UUCP (04/29/86)

This message is empty.

rab@rabtrs (Rich Bilancia) (05/01/86)

Jonathon Clark writes:
> Jan Wolitzkty's plea for a driver to invert the sense of the left-hand
> control key and the caps lock key on the unix pc has already been
> answered.
>
> A loadable driver to so this has been available from THE STORE! for ages.
> Just pick up CAPCTL. Thanks to Marcus Hand for answering the question
> before I did and to Paul Fox who wrote the software.

What and where is "THE STORE?"  It sounds like something I should know about
for my 7300.

dmiruke@isis.UUCP (Dataram Miruke) (05/03/86)

> Jonathon Clark writes:
> > Jan Wolitzkty's plea for a driver to invert the sense of the left-hand
> > control key and the caps lock key on the unix pc has already been
> > answered.
> >
> > A loadable driver to so this has been available from THE STORE! for ages.
> > Just pick up CAPCTL. Thanks to Marcus Hand for answering the question
> > before I did and to Paul Fox who wrote the software.
>
> What and where is "THE STORE?"  It sounds like something I should know about
> for my 7300.
Yeah, and me too! What other goodies are there available?
Is there a DVORAK keyboard available for unix pc?

							D. Miruke
							dmiruke@udenva or
							dmiruke@isis

katrina@ihuxf.UUCP (Woodward) (05/03/86)

> A loadable driver to so this has been available from THE STORE! for ages.
> Just pick up CAPCTL. Thanks to Marcus Hand for answering the question
> before I did and to Paul Fox who wrote the software.

This drive indeed works fine, I wondered who had written it.  Maybe Paul
would post the software?  I'm *very* curious how it works!  Is the
keyboard on the 7300 programable?  The driver has to be doing more than
just translating characters - the led in the caps lock key is even
controlled by the "new" caps lock key.

		Katrina Woodward
		ihnp4!ihuxf!katrina

jhc@mtune.UUCP (Jonathan Clark) (05/04/86)

--
Jonathan Clark
[NAC]!mtune!jhc

My walk has become rather more silly lately.