[net.micro.att] The Store and proprietary retardation

daveb@rtech.UUCP (05/07/86)

In article <593@mtune.UUCP> jhc@mtune.UUCP (Jonathan Clark) writes:
>About the keyboard: basically yes it is fully programmable (without going
>into too many gory details)....

>Paul will not posting the source to CAPCTL to the net, neither will anyone
>else in AT&T if they want to keep their job. That code is proprietary.

This "proprietary" attitude is killing the machine.  AT&T
is NOT delivering things that people want, and won't let anyone else
help out because all of the details are "proprietary."  What is being
protected? Nothing.  Who is being hurt?  AT&T.  Anyone who paid REAL
money for the machine and gets bitter everytime mention is made of
something that can't be had because it is for "internal use" or
"proprietary."

How in good conscience can I recommend this machine to anyone? AT&T
still seems to believe the internal market is the universe. "Real"
people like me are get p*ed on.

--
Calrissian:   "It's not my fault!"
{amdahl, sun, mtxinu, cbosgd}!rtech!daveb