[net.micro.att] Tulin drive on unix pc?

wsm@emory.UUCP (William Mahavier) (05/05/86)

A friend recently showed me an ad from Houston, Texas for a Unix Pc
at what seems like a good price with a 33m Tulin drive.  I would
appreciate any info anyone has on this drive (access time, noise
level). I would especially appreciate hearing from anyone who has
had experience with one of these drives on a Unix Pc.
--
W. S. Mahavier
Emory University

{akgua,sb1,gatech,decvax}!emory!wsm  USENET
wsm@emory                      CSNET
wsm.emory@csnet-relay          ARPANET

todd@bu-cs.UUCP (Todd Cooper) (05/08/86)

In article <1613@emory.UUCP> wsm@emory.UUCP (William Mahavier) writes:
>A friend recently showed me an ad from Houston, Texas for a Unix Pc
>at what seems like a good price with a 33m Tulin drive.  I would
>appreciate any info anyone has on this drive (access time, noise
>level). I would especially appreciate hearing from anyone who has

access time: greatly improved of Minscribe -- aboutn 20 Msec
noise -- low - MUCH better than the junk AT&T put in the drive

>had experience with one of these drives on a Unix Pc.

mine has been running for about two months.

--
Todd Cooper

UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!todd ...!harvard!think!festiv!todd
NET:	todd@bu-cs.bu.edu
BITNET:	cscpyqc@bostonu
USNail:	29 Gordon Street #201, Brighton, MA 02135