[net.sf-lovers] Haldeman in Vietman

hollande@dewey.udel.EDU (01/25/86)

From: Frank Hollander <hollande@dewey.udel.EDU>

Yes, Joe Haldeman served (and was wounded) in Vietnam.  If you go through
all his books he probably mentions it somewhere.  He wrote a short mainstream
novel called WAR YEAR that is at least somewhat autobiographical (not
completely!!).

					Frank Hollander

ethan@utastro.UUCP (Ethan Vishniac) (01/27/86)

> From: Frank Hollander <hollande@dewey.udel.EDU>
>
> Yes, Joe Haldeman served (and was wounded) in Vietnam.  If you go through
> all his books he probably mentions it somewhere.  He wrote a short mainstream
> novel called WAR YEAR that is at least somewhat autobiographical (not
> completely!!).

But if it *were* completely autobiographical we could segue into the
parapsychology discussion without further ado. :-)

--
"These are not the opinions    Ethan Vishniac
 of the administration of      {charm,ut-sally,ut-ngp,noao}!utastro!ethan