[net.micro.att] Problems with 7300 and >1 Outgoing Call

spear@ihopb.UUCP (Steven Spearman) (07/23/86)

I have a regular problem with using my Unix PC and trying to
run more than one outgoing line at once.  When more than one
terminal emulation is running at the same time, they suddenly
become confused and only a re-boot will fix it.

The behavior that is seen is that the screen falls behind the
incoming line, i.e. when characters come in you see characters
that came in a few moments before.  It looks like a data buffer
pointer has become messed up or something similar.

This happens often when running umodem in one call window (any speed -
even 1200 baud which is supposed to work) and running a
conversation in another call window.  Does anyone have suggested
fixes for this?  Or perhaps a easier fix than re-booting
the systems?  I have tried: resetting the terminal emulator, exiting
and re-entering the emulator, and killing and restarting ph.

Thanks for any input

Steve Spearman  ihnp4!ihop3!spear

jhc@mtune.UUCP (Jonathan Clark) (07/24/86)

In article <743@ihopb.UUCP> spear@ihopb.UUCP writes:
>I have a regular problem with using my Unix PC and trying to
>run more than one outgoing line at once.  When more than one
>terminal emulation is running at the same time, they suddenly
>become confused and only a re-boot will fix it.
>
>The behavior that is seen is that the screen falls behind the
>incoming line, i.e. when characters come in you see characters
>that came in a few moments before.  It looks like a data buffer
>pointer has become messed up or something similar.

This is, I think, a well-known bug in the 3.0 combo card software. If you
can get hold of release 3.04.2 then it is fixed. It is also fixed in 3.5.

I know of no cure other than a reboot.

--
Jonathan Clark
[NAC,attmail]!mtune!jhc

My walk has become rather more silly lately.