[net.micro.att] -310 & -400 difference

james@osi3b2.UUCP (James R. Van Artsdalen) (09/25/86)

In article <254@mrstve.UUCP>, rjk@mrstve.UUCP (Richard Kuhns) writes:

> I've experienced this problem on a 3b2/310 running 2.0.4, but I have yet
> to encounter it on either of our 400s (also running 2.0.4).  Rebooting
> has always cured it -- I haven't waited more than about 10 minutes to
> see if it would disappear.

What's the difference between a 3b2-310 and a 3b2-400?  I thought they were
the same except for the cabinet.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!ut-ngp!utastro!osi3b2!james    Live Free or Die

rjk@mrstve.UUCP (Richard Kuhns) (09/26/86)

In article <210@osi3b2.UUCP> james@osi3b2.UUCP (James R. Van Artsdalen) writes:
>[ ... ]
>What's the difference between a 3b2-310 and a 3b2-400?  I thought they were
>the same except for the cabinet.
>--
>James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!ut-ngp!utastro!osi3b2!james    Live Free or Die

Generically speaking, I think you're right.  Our 3b2/400s have MAUs -- can
you put a MAU on a 310?
--
Rich Kuhns		{ihnp4, decvax, etc...}!pur-ee!pur-phy!mrstve!rjk

jgy@hropus.UUCP (John Young) (09/26/86)

Yes you can put a MAU on a 310

wbp@cuuxb.UUCP (Walt Pesch) (09/30/86)

All the differances are caused by the change in cabinet height:
 - Only 4 expansion slots instead of the 12 that are in the 400 cabinet.
 - 2 Meg boards won't fit, thereby giving a max memory of two 1 Meg boards.
 - Only one drive will fit internally to cabinet, any more will have to
   be placed in an XM.
 - Only the floopy drive is provided - a second floopy drive or a
   cartridge tape drive will also have to be housed in an XM.  (BTW, the
   XM will support up to three units in it of which only two can be
   removable medium.)

   Walt Pesch
   ihnp4!cuuxb!wbp

root@killer.UUCP (Admin) (10/03/86)

    The 3B2/310 is the same Systems board and software. The difference,
other than the cabinet, is the firmware and the amount of memory and I/O
ports they will address.

                                  Charlie Boykin
                                 ..ihnp4!killer!sysop