[net.micro.att] Accounting Utilities on a 3B2 under SYS V

coleman@sask.UUCP (10/09/86)

Has anyone out there in net land ported the Unix Accounting Utilities for
a 3B5 to a 3B2? In the performance measurement utilities manual for SYS V
they state that this is the only way to get accounting on a 3B2 at present.
We have full System V and 4.x source code so access is no problem but I
thought that one of you might have already found problems (and solutions ?)
to this problem.

Geoff Coleman
--
Geoff Coleman                         | BITNET: Coleman@sask
College of Engineering                | UUCP: {utcsri,ihnp4}!sask!skul!geoff

(306) 966-5415

lear@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (eliot lear) (10/11/86)

If you are interested, there was an entire accounting package for the
3b2 posted to the net about a year ago.  Surprisingly enough, it's
called ua.  I believe I still have sources somewhere if you are
interested and can't find a copy.

						eliot
--
The mind is a wonderful thing to waste!!

[lear@topaz.rutgers.edu]
[{allegra,seismo}!topaz!lear]

larry@jc3b21.UUCP (10/14/86)

In article <6175@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU>, lear@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (eliot lear) writes:
> If you are interested, there was an entire accounting package for the
> 3b2 posted to the net about a year ago.  Surprisingly enough, it's
> called ua.  I believe I still have sources somewhere if you are
> interested and can't find a copy.
>
> 						eliot
> --

I believe that I'm the one that posted ua originally about a year and a half
ago.  There was little comment from the net at the time and we had just
gotten our 3b2's.  I have an updated version which corrects a few bugs and
adds more options, including separation of modem line accounting (which
may have been in the one I posted).  Anyway, I will be happy to mail same
to anyone who is interested.  We use it everyday here and, though it is simple,
it makes our administration happy.

-----Lawrence F. Strickland (larry@jc3b21)     ---------------------------
     Dept. of Engineering Technology           + Cthulhu                 +
     St. Petersburg Jr. College                +      R`lyeh             +
     P.O. Box 13489                            +           wgah`nagl     +
     St. Petersburg, FL 33733                  +                 fh`tagn +
     Phone:  +1 813 341 4705                   ---------------------------

     UUCP:  ...akgua!usfvax2!jc3b21!larry