[net.micro.att] 16 bit expansion slots

HBX@PSUVM.BITNET (10/21/86)

Can anyone identify products that are especially desined for the 16 bit
slots on an AT&T 6300?  I am thinking particularly of EMS memory boards,
etc.  Please include vendor, address, and price.
-------

Terry Harrison
310 Business Administration Building
Penn State University
University Park, PA  16802
(814) 863-3357

BITNET: hbx@psuvm
UUCP:   {akgua,allegra,ihnp4,cbosgd}!psuvax1!psuvm.BITNET!hbx
ARPA:   hbx%psuvm.bitnet@wiscvm.arpa

jkg@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (Jim Greenlee) (10/24/86)

In article <7985HBX@PSUVM> HBX@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>Can anyone identify products that are especially desined for the 16 bit
>slots on an AT&T 6300?  I am thinking particularly of EMS memory boards,
>etc.  Please include vendor, address, and price.

Me, too! Me, too! I'd also be interested if anyone knows of a way to wire
up (possible with ribbon cable or something) the AT&T (TM) expansion
connector so it will accept an IBM PC/AT (TM) board. I don't know anything
about the pinouts - my technical reference manual is still on order.

                                         Jim Greenlee
--
The Shadow
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jkg

wmh@mtuxo.UUCP (w.hyland) (10/25/86)

> Can anyone identify products that are especially desined for the 16 bit
> slots on an AT&T 6300?  I am thinking particularly of EMS memory boards,
> etc.  Please include vendor, address, and price.

The AT&T Enhanced Memory Board, providing the EEMS superset, is a 16 bit
board compatible with both the 6300 and the 6300+. It is manufactured for
AT&T by AST and costs $695. The board comes with 512 Kb populated and can
accomodate 2 Mb.

It should be available in retail stores carrying the AT&T products.