[net.music.gdead] Frost set lists

cower@columbia.UUCP (Rich Cower) (04/29/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH "Once in awhile you can get shown the light, in
the strangest of places if you look at it right"

From the "other" Dead mailing list...

April 27th -
Frost was very nice yesteray; the sun was shining; not a cloud in the sky.
Amazingly enough, the band started within 10 minutes of the announced time.

Dancing in the Streets
Bertha
Red Rooster
Brown-eyed Women
Brother Esau
Ramble on Rose
Just Like Tom Thumb Blues (after Micky and Billy clown around)
Cold Rain and Snow (surreal, given that the sun was blazing)
The Music Never Stopped

Scarlet Begonias
Eyes of the World (much slower than the East-coast version this month)
Goin' down the road
Women are Smarter
Drums
Space
The Wheel
Truckin'
Other one
Black Peter
Around and Around
the Saturday song

Encore:  Day job.

David and Lindsay

April 28th -
The weather wasn't as nice as yesterday, but the show was better:

First Set:
Gimme Some Lovin' ->
Mississippi Half-step
Minglewood Blues
Bird Song
100,000 tons of steel
China Cat Sunflower ->
I Know You Rider

Second Set
Second Set:
Hell in a Bucket
Crazy Fingers ->
Playing in the Band -> (great jam)
China Doll ->
Playing in the Band ->
Bobby, Brent, Billy and Mickey ->
Drums ->
Space ->
Playing in the Band ->
Wharf Rat -> (Jerry's brain shorts out; he plays the "I've got a girl"
              verse three times, before giving up and playing)
Throwing Stones ->
Not Fade Away (fabulous, even though I've heard it 50 times)

Encores:
U.S. Blues
She's Alright.

Like the last shows at frost they played one encore, and Healy turned on
the taped going-away music, but after much cheering the band came on for
another encore.

David and Lindsay

cliff@unmvax.UUCP (04/30/85)

> Like the last shows at frost they played one encore, and Healy turned on
> the taped going-away music, but after much cheering the band came on for
> another encore.

Not quite; after U.S. Blues Healy put on Peter Tosh and then after much
cheering the band came on for another encore after which Healy put on the
spacey going away music (I'm not sure that I have ever gone away to Peter
Tosh).  Of course I didn't notice the descrepency when I began tearing down
my mikes after U.S.  (more to say on the concert and taping in general when
I get caught up with some stuff).

			--Cliff