[net.sf-lovers] Another

slg@ukma.UUCP (Sean Gilley) (01/22/86)

I almost hate to post a query like this, but here goes:

I don't have any idea of the author or the real plot of the book.
I think that the book may be part of a series of books. (I could easily
be wrong.)  It is a juvenile.

What I do remember is this:  A group of kids had somehow found a time
machine.  In this time machine they were able to do things like go
one hour ahead of the present, and watch what was happening in the
present. To be honest, that's all I remember about it, but if anyone
could help, it would be appreciated.

					Thanks,

						Sean.

--

    Sean L. Gilley     	      Phone: (606) 272-9620 or (606) 257-8781

      {ihnp4,decvax,ucbvax}!cbosgd!ukma{!ukgs}!slg, slg@UKMA.BITNET

 I do not have a city, a state, or a country that I will die for, but rather
             a world that I will fight for, that it might live.

In article <2560@ukma.UUCP> slg@ukma.UUCP (Sean Gilley) writes:
>What I do remember is this:  A group of kids had somehow found a time
>machine.

Try, _Mutiny_in_the_Time_Machine_ et sequellae, Donald Keith, published
by Boys' Life with Random House.  One of the results of my being a Scout
long ago was finding that there were many faces to science fiction.

(c) 1963 BSA; Library of Congress 63-9884
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}

ronc@fai.UUCP (Ronald O. Christian) (02/05/86)

>What I do remember is this:  A group of kids had somehow found a time
>machine.  In this time machine they were able to do things like go
>one hour ahead of the present, and watch what was happening in the
>present. To be honest, that's all I remember about it, but if anyone
>could help, it would be appreciated.
>						Sean.
*****

This sounds sorta like a series of stories in Boy's Life
about 1966 or thereabouts.  Sure wish I'd saved them.

In the first story the possession of the time machine by
the kids is already assumed.  It isn't until the last story
I remember reading that they actually reveal how the kids
had gotten ahold of it.

It was a neat device!  Shaped like a flying saucer, it could
appear anywhere at any time.  (Even hover if necessary.)  I
remember that there was a model of a globe on the control panel
that you moved a marker over to pinpoint a location on earth.

I remember the stories as very well written.  Certainly, they
had a profound effect on my own imagination, and I spent many
nights imagining what it would have been like to have owned
such a vehicle.

Were these stories ever published in book form?

				Ron
		Ronald O. Christian (Fujitsu America Inc., San Jose, Calif.)
		ihnp4!pesnta!fai!ronc

Oliver's law of assumed responsibility:
	"If you are seen fixing it, you will be blamed for breaking it."