[net.music.gdead] rosen-hole

glenn1@mtuxt.UUCP (G.SCHWARTZ) (06/19/85)

Well, I've finally had it with Rosen (who may be the BIGGEST a-hole
around) There always is one jack-ass who is not happy unless
he is tormenting those who are. Rosen, get off the net. You
are a narcissistic, conceited and selfish scumface. Keep your
shmuck opinions to yourself. Don't you have anything better
to do? Or do you use company time to compile trash for the net.
I'm sure you do nothing at work. And we who do have to pay your
bill. Why do you find it so exciting to reply to every news group
with your pitifull dialogue? I bet that every one around you
agrees with me and does not want anything to do with you.
The net is probably the only communication you have with the
real world. Well the time has come for you to shut your
ugly face (or do you communicate from the other end?). Cease
and decease.Go away you moronic imbecile. A pox on you!
I hereby call on all netters to ban rosen from the net. I'm
sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Maybe we can
form a "Rosen off the net" group. Any ideas anyone?
As for you rosen-hole, go where the sun never shines. Maybe
you'll find your home there. Ta Ta dog-face rosen-hole.

jws@dartvax.UUCP (John W. Scott) (06/20/85)

  Whereas I may not disagree with the sentiments expressed concerning Mr.
Rosen,  I think that it is best just to let sleeping dogs lie.  Flaming him
is only going to make me read another of his flame flames in this news
group.  I think that we would be much better off keeping to the matter at
hand, namely those magicians known as The Grateful Dead.  If any news group
should be free of flames, it should be this one...

                            -John

root@trwatf.UUCP (Lord Frith) (06/20/85)

In article <554@mtuxt.UUCP> glenn1@mtuxt.UUCP (G.SCHWARTZ) writes:
> Well, I've finally had it with Rosen (who may be the BIGGEST a-hole
> around) There always is one jack-ass who is not happy unless he is
> tormenting those who are. Rosen, get off the net. You are a narcissistic,
> conceited and selfish scumface. Keep your shmuck opinions to yourself...

> Well the time has come for you to shut your ugly face (or do you
> communicate from the other end?). Cease and decease.  Go away you moronic
> imbecile. A pox on you!  I hereby call on all netters to ban rosen from
> the net. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.  Maybe we
> can form a "Rosen off the net" group. Any ideas anyone?

Alas, on a public domain net there are few things you can do.  I suggest
one of two alternatives...

1)	Flame him into oblivion.
2)	Ignore him.
--

UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!trwatf!root	- Lord Frith
ARPA: trwatf!root@SEISMO

"I eat X-men for BREAKFAST!"

west@sdcsla.UUCP (Larry West) (06/21/85)

In article <554@mtuxt.UUCP> glenn1@mtuxt.UUCP (G.SCHWARTZ) writes:
>Well, I've finally had it with Rosen (who may be the BIGGEST a-hole
>around) There always is one jack-ass who is not happy unless
>he is tormenting those who are. Rosen, get off the net.....

I agree that Rich has become increasingly shrill over the last few
months, and I've stopped reading more than the first few lines of
most of his articles.   I don't know, maybe he's going through
some tough times.

But I don't see any justification for this torrent of abuse.   It
is, in fact, no better than what Rich has been contributing.   Name
calling achieves nothing, except degradation of the caller.   Sorta
disappointing to think that there are deadheads who think like Glenn,
but that's life.

So, although I wish Rich would calm down and be more tactful, I think
the same applies to you.   And I don't really want to see either of
you leave the net.   It's too easy to ignore you.
--

Larry West			Institute for Cognitive Science
(USA+619-)452-6220		UC San Diego (mailcode C-015) [x6220]

emery@gypsy.UUCP (06/25/85)

For what it's worth, I enjoyed reading rosen-hole, particularly since my
roommate is also named rosen.

It was a pleasure to see that the art of invective has not died out
completely...

The net exists as a mode of free speech.  That doesn't mean that
you have to agree, or even approve of, other people's speech.

				Dave Emery
				Siemens Research
		  ...!princeton!siemens!emery