[net.music.gdead] A phrase I'm trying to trace....

cdshaw@watmum.UUCP (Chris Shaw) (06/27/85)

There's a phrase I heard years ago that I really like, and I can't for the
life of me remember where I heard it.

The phrase is..
	"Turn up pleasance control !"  (turn it up ALL the way)

... and for me, it means :  "wow, am I having a good time !"

This strikes me as a real Dead-ism. Can anyone out there tell me who might have
come up with this phrase originally? If not the Dead, then maybe some 60's
psychedelic group.

Thanks

Chris Shaw    (ihnp4,famous sites)!watmath!watmum!cdshaw  or  cdshaw@watmath
University of Waterloo
"I like mergin'.. (CASH!!) ..want monopoly the very first time !"
	- Boone "Madonna" Pickens

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (07/01/85)

In article <180@watmum.UUCP> cdshaw@watmum.UUCP (Chris Shaw) writes:
>There's a phrase I heard years ago that I really like, and I can't for the
>life of me remember where I heard it.
>
>The phrase is..
>	"Turn up pleasance control !"  (turn it up ALL the way)
>This strikes me as a real Dead-ism. Can anyone out there tell me who might have
>come up with this phrase originally? If not the Dead, then maybe some 60's
>psychedelic group.

If you're thinking of the same phrase I am, it's actually "set pleasance
control".  It's from the studio talk preceding Vanilla Fudge's version of
"Ticket to Ride", on their first album.

Andrew W. Rogers