[net.music.gdead] dead

tremblay@latour.DEC (07/02/85)

>	Josepi: You're right: Smokestack was 9/9 in Worcester.  The two
>Dylan songs are indeed called "She Belongs to Me" (from Bringing it All
>Back Home, I believe) and "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues" (from Highway
>61).  I don't believe that either version is "wonderful"; in fact, the
>former is a typical Jerry-show "take a leak and buy a beer between
>notes" number, and I feel that fans are gonna get sick of it as soon as
>the novelty wears off.

Naaaaw, it's still a drippy song! I good candidate for the first set
and atleast its something new to listen too. Besides, don't you go to
the bathroom during Brother Esau anyway????!!!!???? That's my preference.
Besides...wanna hear a good Phil song.....check out "Keep on Growin'"
The best Phil has sounded in a long time (..like we have alot to compare
too!!!).

>	Friends often discuss the subject of what makes a hot show. I
>did most of this spring's East tour and I met a guy in Philly who
>agreed with me about every show we'd ever seen, with the exception that
>he loved Portland this tour & I and most my friends thought they were
>the 2 weak shows!  What's weirder is that many times the people sitting
>around you will have totally differing opinions immediately after the
>show!  I think it's integrally connected to the type and amount of drugs
>you've done!  Have you ever had a good trip and heard a less than
>wonderful show???

First off, I agree Portland was the weakest of the east coast shows by far.
But I don't think shows are drug related. I've been hogh to many shows that I
didn't care for.... but then again....  I think it has to do more with the
number of shows you've been to and the frequency that you attend. As for the
Greek shows, I thought Saturdays was not the hotter of the three, but others
though differently. But if you compare shows....saturdays' was the more
"common" dead show of standard stuff, where as friday and monday had more
surprises. For me, 'cause I go to alot of shows, HOT shows are ones with
surprises! Not traditional shows like Estimated -> Eyes->drumz->truckin->
Black peter->Around&around, which I've seen 30 times over.

>	Jeff Haferman: Lots of discussion about song names. For example,
>is "Sunshine Daydream" an actual separate song?  And you might have been
>privy to the recent "Cryptical Envelopement" brouhaha.  Well, I can
>understand the mistake of calling "I used to Love Her" -> "She used to
>Love Me",  but how the hell-in-a-bucket did you EVER come up with
>"Stumble and Fall"?????????

I don't think its a separate song (title?), its just that they don't always
finish with it from Sugar Magnolia ....sooooo ya need a way to mark your
tape boxes so you know they remembered to finish it that night. Have you
ever wondered if the Dead have considered breaking Playing in the Band into
Part I and Part II !?!?!?! They never seem to finish the second part lately!
And even stranger, they've been doing "Part II" usually the next night at
someplaces.

...as for stumble and fall....I thought that what Bobby does on stage
usually.

>Comes a Time

	I saw a Comes A Time at Public Hall in Cleveland in 1981.

						Glenn Tremblay

COWER@COLUMBIA-20.ARPA (07/18/85)

From:  Rich Cower <COWER@COLUMBIA-20.ARPA>

this is for someplace called the henry kaiser something or other.
oakland shows are on the hotline. the dates are 10, 11 and 12th.
16 per ticket, max 4 tickets per show. - send your request to

g.d. ticket sales - henry
box c-s 8190
san rafael, ca 94912
make money order out to above ticket sale name.

mines in the mail! see you there if i get em. wow - am i happy to be moving
back to the bay area!!
taping on first come, first serve basis.

rich
-------