[net.music.gdead] WDYL

cottrell%nbs-vms@sri-unix.ARPA (08/22/85)

From:  "" <cottrell@nbs-vms>

/*
> BTW, Thorogood did an excellent
> version [of Who Do You Love] WITH BO DIDDLEY at Live Aid.

Thorogood never did a good version of anything. The guy knows a few
good slide licks, & plays them well, but he has no taste. Listen to
the old blues men play real blues. Listen to Jerry. George sucks!

	jim		cottrell@nbs
*/
------

myers@uwmacc.UUCP (Latitudinarian Lobster) (08/25/85)

> From:  "" <cottrell@nbs-vms>
>
> /*
> > BTW, Thorogood did an excellent
> > version [of Who Do You Love] WITH BO DIDDLEY at Live Aid.
>
> Thorogood never did a good version of anything. The guy knows a few
> good slide licks, & plays them well, but he has no taste. Listen to
> the old blues men play real blues. Listen to Jerry. George sucks!
>
> 	jim		cottrell@nbs
> */

Hey, folks, let's mellow out.  This is a DEAD newsgroup -- I'm sure we all
have various opinions about GT, but this isn't the forum to flame about them
in.  jeff m (known to flame violently in other newsgroups)

spp@ucbvax.ARPA (Stephen P Pope) (08/28/85)

    I seem to remember that in one of the Europe concerts
from 72, during Pig Pen's rap in a Good Lovin', he goes
through the verses of Who Do You Love.  The band however
never breaks out of a Good Lovin' rhythm, or puts
in any "who Do You Love" style licks, so I wouldn't really
claim that the dead played the song for real!
    I especially would not make statements of the form,
"the Dead don't do a very good version of WDYL"
based on this sort of event.

steve (spp@berkeley)