[net.music.gdead] Garcia rumor denied by BGP

west@sdcsla.UUCP (Larry West) (10/01/85)

> From: jordan@ucbvax.ARPA (Jordan Hayes)
> Someone who claims to have an "in" to the upper eschelons of the
> dead power structure claims that JG bought the farm and the family
> isn't telling about it until wednesday (it's monday night) due
> to hysteria that may result.

I called up Bill Graham Productions in San Fransisco at 1:20pm
Pacific Time this afternoon and asked.   They called the Dead
office and then told me (with a trace of relief) that Jerry is
not dead.

Now, of course, the rumor was constructed such that a denial
would be expected, but I guess we'll find out on Wednesday
or Thursday.

What a way to ruin a day...
--

Larry West				(USA+619-)452-6771
Institute for Cognitive Science		non-business hours: 452-2256

ARPA:	<west@nprdc.ARPA>	or	<west@ucsd.ARPA>
UUCP:	{ucbvax,sdcrdcf,decvax,ihnp4}!sdcsvax!sdcsla!west
  or	{sun,mplvax,gti,ihnss,whuxlb,ulysses}!sdcsla!west

west@sdcsla.UUCP (Larry West) (10/03/85)

Well, Wednesday night is here and there's a brand new
message on a new answering machine at the California
Dead Hotline (don't know about NJ), announcing concerts
in Long Beach and some Oakland convention center and
various East Coast locations....

So, it looks like that rumor (which I didn't start
but did forward to net.music.gdead from net.rumor)
was wrong -- sorry if I've disturbed or upset anyone.

I'll repeat that number for those of you on drugs:
	415-457-6388
(the message is several minutes long.)
--

FTD%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA (10/07/85)

From:  "David D. Story" <FTD%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA>

Of course J.G. owns the farm. So don't the rest of the family.
Why would they be called the Dead ?