[net.sources.games] Stargate -- blah!

ksl@hou2e.UUCP (K.LIU) (03/02/85)

<Flame on>
It took 52+K, 1000+ packets and 1/2 hour + using Kermit,
and guess what?  Stargate DOESn'T WORK!!!!

hou2e!ksl
<Flame off>

joshua@fluke.UUCP (J.B. LaRue) (03/06/85)

> <Flame on>
> It took 52+K, 1000+ packets and 1/2 hour + using Kermit,
> and guess what?  Stargate DOESn'T WORK!!!!
>
> hou2e!ksl
> <Flame off>

Gee, it took about 56+k and it only took about 2 1/2 minutes using Kermit
and guess what!?!?! It STILL doesn't work!

(know why? cause I'm trying to run it on a rainbow-not a p.c.)

jbl

ee163acp@sdcc13.UUCP (DARIN JOHNSON) (03/06/85)

> <Flame on>
> It took 52+K, 1000+ packets and 1/2 hour + using Kermit,
> and guess what?  Stargate DOESn'T WORK!!!!
>
> hou2e!ksl
> <Flame off>

 hmmn.  It didn't work for me either, but it only took 15 minutes using
 Kermit.  (Put it on a hard disk so I don't know if it fit on a floppy
	       or not.)

nick@oliveb.UUCP (Nick Yannaccone) (03/06/85)

> <Flame on>
> It took 52+K, 1000+ packets and 1/2 hour + using Kermit,
> and guess what?  Stargate DOESn'T WORK!!!!
>
> hou2e!ksl
> <Flame off>

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR LIFE ***

I can understand your frustration but I am afraid the problem may be
in your downloading.  I used uudecode as specified and downloaded with
no problems.  The package came right up.
					-- nick
    {hplabs|ios|allegra}!oliveb!nick

ksl@hou2e.UUCP (The Hacker) (03/06/85)

I have received numerous net.people junk mail with things
like this:
>	don't flame unless you find the problem.
The problem is it doesn't work.
Do you think I am dumb?  The instructions said:
>Here is the public domain version of Atari's arcade game
>"STARGATE". It requires an IBM PC with a color graphics
>card. This file has been uuencoded so to unpack it, cut it
>at the mark and type
>
>% uudecode <filename>
And the silly...
>	Are you sure you downloaded it correctly?
Geez, but I AM NOT DUMB, at least not like these
mail messages.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////
	The Hacker
	hou2e!ksl
///////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

woof@psivax.UUCP (Harold Schloss) (03/07/85)

In article <488@hou2e.UUCP> ksl@hou2e.UUCP (K.LIU) writes:
><Flame on>
>It took 52+K, 1000+ packets and 1/2 hour + using Kermit,
>and guess what?  Stargate DOESn'T WORK!!!!
>hou2e!ksl
><Flame off>

FLAME ON!!
	Well it took me about 7 minutes to transfer using crosstalk XVI and
my local copy of UMODEM. IT ran just fine and is very enjoyable. I don't
know what the bulk of you feel about this, but I always try to assume that
when something doesn't work that is not the senders fault, but rather it got
messed up somewhere further down the line. Anyway stargate works for me and
I am enjoying playing it.

--
		Hal Schloss
		(from the Software Lounge at) Pacesetter Systems Inc.

mjg@ecsvax.UUCP (Michael Gingell) (03/07/85)

I uudecoded it, downloaded it and ran it and ...

On my Data General One with MS-DOS 2.1 it hangs ..

On my PC (early model upgraded with hard drive) it runs fine.

Proving once again that all PCs are not reated equal.

Mike Gingell

     ....decvax!mcnc!ecsvax!mjg

phco@ecsvax.UUCP (John Miller) (03/08/85)

My Z-150 had no trouble with it.  -- runs fine

--

                                      John Miller
                                      Dept. of Pharmacology, UNC-CH

mikem@tekcae.UUCP (Michael E. Meyer) (03/18/85)

Could someone repost stargate?  Also I want to use Crosstalk to capture it
and send it to my PC, how do I do it without having the screen go berserk?
Precise instructions for this novice user would be nice...

Michael E. Meyer
USENET: ...!tektronix!tekcae!mikem
  ARPA:	tekcae!mikem.tek@CSNET-RELAY
USnail: TEKTRONIX, Inc.
	P.O. Box 500, MS 19-075
	Beaverton, OR 97077 USA
	(503) 627-2628

chris@t4test.UUCP (Christopher Paull) (03/22/85)

I too have had trouble getting Stargate to work.  I think that this is
due to my inexperience with down loading (and using a unx operating system).
Could someone explain the proceedure so I can figure out what I'm doing
wrong.  I have tryed to use both capture and rxmodem commands from cross-
tlk.  Thanks for your help.

	-chris