[net.sources.games] Wanted: Chess program source

watson@orion.arpa (John S. Watson) (04/17/86)

 Hello World,

    I am looking for source code for a really good public domain
chess program.

    I am looking for something better than the 4.2bsd UNIX chess program,
hopefully one in which the skill level can be adjusted, and hopefully well
documented, well structured.

    I would like one that is written in a device independent C or Pascal.

    I wish to modify it to use the Chesstool interface on a Sun workstation,
and have the "thinking" done remotely on a more powerful machine(s).

Thanks in Advance,
John S. Watson
NASA Ames Research Center
MS/243-9
Moffett Field, CA 94035

watson@orion.arpa

pdg@ihdev.UUCP (P. D. Guthrie) (04/20/86)

In article <56@nike.UUCP> watson@orion.UUCP (John S. Watson) writes:

> Hello World,
>
>    I am looking for source code for a really good public domain
>chess program.
>
>    I am looking for something better than the 4.2bsd UNIX chess program,
>hopefully one in which the skill level can be adjusted, and hopefully well
>documented, well structured.
>
>    I would like one that is written in a device independent C or Pascal.
>
>    I wish to modify it to use the Chesstool interface on a Sun workstation,
>and have the "thinking" done remotely on a more powerful machine(s).
So that's what your new Cray is used for!! :-}  And  I thought it was to
design more space shuttles or something......

--

Paul Guthrie				`When the going gets weird,
ihnp4!ihdev!pdg				 The weird turn pro'