[net.sources.games] Battlestar

xman@spock.UUCP (Bharat Mediratta '87 cc) (04/22/86)

Does anybody have the sources to Battlestar, the old
adventure game?  It is really good, but ours dumps
core when I try to save, and I want to try to fix it.

If so, please get in touch...
-----
What's Irish and sits on your porch?
Patio Furniture

#include "bad.joke.h"
-----
"Beam me sideways, Scotty, this planet don't know it's arse
 from it's elbow"

					X-man

...decvax!yale!spock!xman

jeff1@garfield.UUCP (04/25/86)

In article <364@spock.UUCP> xman@spock.UUCP (Bharat Mediratta '87 cc) writes:
>Does anybody have the sources to Battlestar, the old
>adventure game?  It is really good, but ours dumps
>core when I try to save, and I want to try to fix it.

In the save function, there is an assignment of a pointer to tmp, which is then
written out.  Move these two lines ahead of the first write.  In the restore
function, move the reading and assignment of tmp ahead of the first read.

Jeff Sparkes
{ihnp4,akgua,seismo,utcsri}!garfield!jeff1