[net.sources.games] larn problem in compiling

evan@pedsgo.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (08/15/86)

I am running pretty standard Sys V, and when I tried to make larn, I got a
compiler error in tok.c.  It couldn't find FIONREAD.  Can somebody set me
in the right direction about this, please?
--
NAME:   Evan L. Marcus
UUCP:   ...{pesnta|prcrs|princeton|topaz|hjuxa|vax135}!petsd!pedsgo!evan

nonh@utzoo.UUCP (Chris Robertson) (08/17/86)

In article <373@pedsgo.UUCP> evan@pedsgo.UUCP (Evan Marcus) writes:
>I am running pretty standard Sys V, and when I tried to make larn, I got a
>compiler error in tok.c.  It couldn't find FIONREAD.  Can somebody set me
>in the right direction about this, please?

The problem is that in SYSV, flushing an input buffer is more complicated
than for BSD, so Noah's improvement in flushing typeahead won't work as is
on a standard SYSV.  For now, comment out the body of the two procedures
which use FIONREAD (and watch out for the few comments in the text, there).
You won't have typeahead flushed, but you'll have a playable game.  As soon
as I get a spare evening, I'll have a go at setting the right ioctls etc.
for SYSV, and post the diffs if I get the solution working.  I'm not a C
wizard, though, so if anyone else is already working on this, please let
us know.
--
Christine Robertson {linus, decvax, ihnp4}!utzoo!{nonh, toram!chris}

Cat, n. - lapwarmer with built-in buzzer.