[net.sources.games] Address from whence to obtain HACK for the PC

daryl@garfield.UUCP (08/15/86)

Since I have gotten so many letters asking for the address for
the PC sources to HACK, here is the response that was sent to me.

Here it is:
> From: farren@well.UUCP
> Newsgroups: net.games.hack
> Subject: Re: How do I get a copy of hack?
> Date: 9 Apr 86 09:49:48 GMT
>
> In article <121@lpi.UUCP> abc@lpi.UUCP writes:
> >I can't stand it any more.  I've been waiting for someone else to post a
> >request for sources, but the tantalizing hints of what the game is like
> >prompts me to ask the net:
> >
> >	Is "hack" public domain?
> >	If so (or even if not), how do I obtain a copy?
> >	Who out there is the author?
>
>      I can supply sources (and binaries) for HACK for the IBM-PC (this
> is version 1.03 with some PC-specific enhancements, but contains the
> complete unix source code as well).  It's available on standard IBM
> PC format floppies, or is downloadable from the number given below.
> If you can't download, send me email, and I'll let you know how to go
> about getting it from me.
>      Sorry, I can neither post nor email the files - they're just
> too big!
>
> --
>            Mike Farren
>            uucp: {your favorite backbone site}!hplabs!well!farren
>            Fido: Sci-Fido, Fidonode 125/84, (415)655-0667

Thanks to Bill Stewart who sent this to me.

Daryl Clarke

  UUCP: {akgua,allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4,mcvax,utesri}!garfield!daryl
CDNNET: daryl@garfield.mun.cdn

daryl@garfield.UUCP (08/19/86)