[net.sources.games] Repost of Larn installation query

corbin@encore.UUCP (Steve Corbin) (09/11/86)

Well I did it.  I just installed version 12.0 of Larn and played it for
the first time.  It's great.  Compiling and installing was pretty trivial.

I have one problem though.  I tried the -DUIDSCORE option and changed WIZID
to my UID and it didn't work.  A .playerids file was still created and I
could not enter wizard mode.  I could however still create and clear the
scoreboard.  What did I do wrong.  Right now I have the option UIDSCORE
removed and am using the .playerids file but I would like to use UIDs.

Also, is there a Larn mailing list?  I would appreciate being put on it
if it exists.

Sincerely,
Stephen Corbin
{ihnp4, allegra, linus} ! encore ! corbin . UUCP

Oops, I forgot to mention that I am using UMAX4.2 which is a port
of 4.2bsd for the Encore Multimax.

shipley@violet.berkeley.edu (Peter) (09/12/86)

In article <347@encore.UUCP> corbin@encore.UUCP (Steve Corbin) writes:

>Also, is there a Larn mailing list?  I would appreciate being put on it
>if it exists.

Why don't we start one!

P.S. Any larn "Hackers" out there, Boy do I have a version for you!!
P.P.S. I lost the original source else I whould send it to the
	less fortunate -- any body want a copy of my ver.
	( The Changes will be posted ).

Pete Shipley:

email:   shipley@violet.berkeley.edu     Flames:  cc-29@cory.berkeley.edu
         ucbvax!violet!shipley                    ucbvax!cory!cc-29

Spelling
corections: /dev/null                    Quote: "Anger is an energy"

I use to be shipley@pavepaws.Berkeley.EDU but pavepaws
kicked the bucket... R.I.P (Sigh)