[net.sf-lovers] Gods in The Flying Sorcerors

goudreau@dg_rtp.UUCP (01/24/86)

In article <96@ttidcc.UUCP> hollombe@ttidcc.UUCP (The Polymath) writes:
>In article <139@sci.UUCP> daver@sci.UUCP (Dave Rickel) writes:
>>Dorthi		Dorthi was displaced as village magician when a strange
>>			magician fell out of the sky and flattened his
>>			house.  Purple was given Dorthi's scarlet sandals
>>			and his robe.  Anyway, fairly clearly Dorothy Gayle.
>
>You must have led a deprived childhood.  This is a parody on the scene from
>_The  Wizard of Oz_ where Dorothy's house kills the wicked witch by falling
>on her and Dorothy acquires her ruby slippers.
>
>-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
>The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe)

Uh, sorry, but you should check *your* childhood memories.  Dorothy's last name
was Gail (or was it Gale?).

rgale@man.UUCP (Ryan Gale) (02/01/86)

In article <105@dg_rtp.UUCP>, goudreau@dg_rtp.UUCP (Bob Goudreau) writes:
> In article <96@ttidcc.UUCP> hollombe@ttidcc.UUCP (The Polymath) writes:
> >In article <139@sci.UUCP> daver@sci.UUCP (Dave Rickel) writes:
> >>Dorthi		Dorthi was displaced as village magician when a strange
> >>			magician fell out of the sky and flattened his
> >>			house.  Purple was given Dorthi's scarlet sandals
> >>			and his robe.  Anyway, fairly clearly Dorothy Gayle.
> >
> >You must have led a deprived childhood.  This is a parody on the scene from
> >_The  Wizard of Oz_ where Dorothy's house kills the wicked witch by falling
> >on her and Dorothy acquires her ruby slippers.
>
> Uh, sorry, but you should check *your* childhood memories.  Dorothy's last
> name was Gail (or was it Gale?).

It was Gale.  Trust me on this one.

--

Ryan Gale
{ihnp4, akgua, decvax} !sdcsvax!man!rgale

DOET@AFCC-3.ARPA@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (02/04/86)

From: MSgt Robert L. Stevenson  <DOET.AFCC@AFCC-3.ARPA>

Ref:  Digest Volume 11 #16, My contribution(?) to Dave Rickel's question is a
possible identification of the "god" Yake - John Jakes.

---Steve---
DOET.AFCC@AFCC-3.ARPA

ross@smeagol.UUCP (Gary Ross) (02/13/86)

How about the main character in the story whose name is translated to

        "As a shade of purple-gray" (As-a-mauve, Asimov)