[net.sources.games] LARN for IBM PC

BCSCHONE@PUCC.BITNET (Brian Schoner) (11/18/86)

(Heere lineeater lineeater lineeater.....<WHAM!>)

Did someone say the words "LARN source
for the IBM PC wanted?"  I'll take one, buy, beg
borrow or steal one.  Keep my name on your mailing
list - pleeeeeeeze!

-Brian Schoner (BCSCHONE at PUCC)

sbanner1@uvicctr.UUCP (11/20/86)

In article <1372@PUCC.BITNET> BCSCHONE@PUCC.BITNET writes:
>Did someone say the words "LARN source
>for the IBM PC wanted?"  I'll take one, buy, beg
>borrow or steal one.  Keep my name on your mailing
>list - pleeeeeeeze!

I am working on this, but if anyone outthere has it allready, please
let me know too (I don't have time to PLAY Larn, much less try porting
it!!!).

                      S. John Banner

UUCP:     ...!uw-beaver!uvicctr!sbanner1
BITNET:   ccsjb@uvvm
EAN:      sbanner1@uvunix.uvic.cdn

swi@paisley.UUCP (11/21/86)

In article <1372@PUCC.BITNET> BCSCHONE@PUCC.BITNET writes:
>(Heere lineeater lineeater lineeater.....<WHAM!>)
>

>Did someone say the words "LARN source
>for the IBM PC wanted?"  I'll take one, buy, beg
>borrow or steal one.  Keep my name on your mailing
>list - pleeeeeeeze!
>

>-Brian Schoner (BCSCHONE at PUCC)

I wouldn't mind a copy too.

Scotty

JANET:  swi@uk.ac.paisley.cs                    Scott Wilson
EMAIL:	swi@cs.paisley.ac.uk		| Post: Paisley College
UUCP:	...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!paisley!swi|	Department of Mathematics,
Phone:	+44 41 887 1241 Ext. 260	|	High St. Paisley.

allanon@hope.UUCP (11/23/86)

> In article <1372@PUCC.BITNET> BCSCHONE@PUCC.BITNET writes:
>>(Heere lineeater lineeater lineeater.....<WHAM!>)
>>

>>Did someone say the words "LARN source
>>for the IBM PC wanted?"  I'll take one, buy, beg
>>borrow or steal one.  Keep my name on your mailing
>>list - pleeeeeeeze!

According to article posted on OCT 30 (i only have a hard copy)
Don Kneller
  UUCP ...ucbvax!ucsfcg1!kneller
distributes LARN PC 12
for the IBM PC. supposely he will send you a copy on floppy.
"HI DON! If you are reading this"
I have sent the floppies about 2 weeks ago but I havent gotten
anything back yet.

-ken

UUCP:   {ucbvax!ucdavis,sdcsvax,ucivax}!ucrmath!hope!allanon
ARPA:   ucrmath!hope!allanon@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu
UUPC:   root@despair      (User to Unix Personal computer)  :-)

kneller@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Don Kneller%Langridge) (11/25/86)

>According to article posted on OCT 30 (i only have a hard copy)
>Don Kneller
>  UUCP ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!kneller
>distributes LARN PC 12
>for the IBM PC. supposely he will send you a copy on floppy.
>"HI DON! If you are reading this"
>I have sent the floppies about 2 weeks ago but I havent gotten
>anything back yet.

Supposedly you have my net address and can send the complaint here.
Perhaps if you'd have sent a self-addressed stamped mailer instead of
assuming I would be happy to take your $2 and go buy a mailer and
postage and address it for you.  Then, perhaps you'd have seen your
floppies by now.  Two whole weeks !?

Repeating the offer:

I've posted an MSDOS version of LARN to NOSC-COD.ARPA in directory
pub/hack, available for anonymous ftp.  For people without ARPANET
connections I will copy LARN onto diskettes for them.  Send 1
formatted DSDD MSDOS diskette (2, if you want sources), or 1 DSQD
diskette; and 1 self-addressed and stamped floppy mailer to:

USMAIL:	D. G. Kneller
	2 Panoramic Way #204
	Berkeley, CA 94704

Please enclose a note as to what you want, since I'm doing the same
thing with PC HACK.  Under no circumstances can I email Larn to you
directly.
--
	Don Kneller
UUCP:	...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!kneller
ARPA:	kneller@cgl.ucsf.edu
BITNET:	kneller@ucsfcgl.BITNET

drovel@ace.UUCP (drovel) (11/25/86)

I have Larn version 12 source ported to the PC.
It requires 400kb+ memory and a screen of 80x24. (Problems with colour cards?)
The source code is 400 - 500 Kb. The executable version approx. 320Kb.
It is compiled using MS C version 3.0.

This is a LOT of stuff to post to the net and is the reason I have not done
so yet. If there is very much interest in this, and if the powers that be
will sanction such a large posting, I will do so. Otherwise I am willing
to send source and executable to those who send me 3 floppies and a floppy
mailer.

Preferably, I would send ONE copy to each country/continent and let the
receiver distribute it further inside his area if the response is sufficient.

Please E-mail any response directly to me.

Andreas Hope

--
Andreas Hope a.k.a. [ andy@ace.uucp  ||  ... !mcvax!ace!andy ]
ACE Associated Computer Experts bv,

ake@umecs.UUCP (]ke Sandgren) (11/25/86)

In article <236@paisley.ac.uk> swi@cs.paisley.ac.uk (S. Wilson) writes:
>In article <1372@PUCC.BITNET> BCSCHONE@PUCC.BITNET writes:
>>(Heere lineeater lineeater lineeater.....<WHAM!>)
>>

>>Did someone say the words "LARN source
>>for the IBM PC wanted?"  I'll take one, buy, beg
>>borrow or steal one.  Keep my name on your mailing
>>list - pleeeeeeeze!
>>

>>-Brian Schoner (BCSCHONE at PUCC)
>
>I wouldn't mind a copy too.
>
>Scotty

Same here!

Ake

allanon@hope.UUCP (Kenneth Leung) (11/26/86)

>>for the IBM PC. supposely he will send you a copy on floppy.
>>"HI DON! If you are reading this"
>>I have sent the floppies about 2 weeks ago but I havent gotten
>>anything back yet.
>
> Supposedly you have my net address and can send the complaint here.
Oooops! sorry about that...........
> Perhaps if you'd have sent a self-addressed stamped mailer instead of
> assuming I would be happy to take your $2 and go buy a mailer and
> postage and address it for you.  Then, perhaps you'd have seen your
> floppies by now.  Two whole weeks !?
I repeat my apologies.... I wasnt thinking straight... mailing
diskette mailer.......

zardoz@apple.UUCP (Phil Wayne) (12/02/86)

In article <202@uvicctr.UUCP> sbanner1@uvicctr.UUCP (S. John Banner) writes:

>I am working on this, but if anyone outthere has it allready, please
>let me know too (I don't have time to PLAY Larn, much less try porting
>it!!!).
If I can get a copy of the source, I might do it (For the Mac and the Amiga).
---
--- Zardoz
---
--- Disclaimer?  These aren't even my opinions.