[net.sources.games] Wanted: latest version of game MORI

authorplaceholder@uokmet.UUCP.UUCP (02/17/87)

>   Three years ago, members of my group got hooked on the rogue-like
>game MORIA on a VAX/VMS 11/750.  Now that we haved moved to our own
>MicroVAX II/VMS 4.4, I would like to obtain the latest version of
>this game.  Does anybody know the origin/distributor/status/whereabouts
>of code for this game?  Thanks for any leads...

The program was written at the University of Oklahoma.  The current
version is 4.7.

The program author is no longer at the University of Oklahoma.  I've
sent off a letter to the current person maintaining the game.  I'll post
the information as soon as I get it.

	Kevin W. Thomas  (Slayer of the Balrog)
	Univ. of Oklahoma
	School of Meteorology
	Norman, OK  73019

UUCP:	ihnp4!occrsh!uokmet!kwthomas	ihnp4!okstate!uokmax!uokmet!kwthomas

authorplaceholder@uokmet.UUCP.UUCP (02/17/87)

The answer to the question of the availability of MORIA:

From:	GDM          "AUS: Gary McAdoo" 17-FEB-1987 11:15
To:	KWTHOMAS
Subj:	RE: Moria Availability

As of now, the status is "Limbo", since Mr. Koeneke has moved on and I
have been left in charge and I am still trying to sort everything out.
Source code is not available at the current time but may be made available
in the future.  I hope to be able to arrange everything to make it easy to
make tapes to send out in the future, I also need to get in touch with Robert
to see if this is ok.

				-gdm-

	Kevin W. Thomas