[net.sf-lovers] Death of Hubbard

Slocum.CSCDA@HI-MULTICS.ARPA@caip.RUTGERS.EDU (02/13/86)

From: Slocum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA

> So much for the decalogy.

Well, look at Tolkien.  He's had at least four books published since his
death.  Yes, he has a devouted grandson, but Hubbard has devouted
followers in the faith.  If there were even a few hand-written notes,
they would probably publish them.  Also, look at the Conan series of
Howard.  Many stories were written by Carter, et al.  based on partial
stories, fragments, plotlines, etc.

    Brett Slocum
    (Slocum@HI-MULITCS)

jeff@dsi1.UUCP (Jeff Armstrong) (02/14/86)

In article <1267@caip.RUTGERS.EDU> Slocum.CSCDA@HI-MULTICS.ARPA@caip.RUTGERS.EDU writes:
>From: Slocum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA
>
>> So much for the decalogy.
>
>Well, look at Tolkien.  He's had at least four books published since his
>death.  Yes, he has a devouted grandson, but Hubbard has devouted
>followers in the faith.  If there were even a few hand-written notes,
>they would probably publish them.  Also, look at the Conan series of
>Howard.  Many stories were written by Carter, et al.  based on partial
>stories, fragments, plotlines, etc.
>
>    Brett Slocum
>    (Slocum@HI-MULITCS)

As I understand Volume 2 in the dekalogy is due for release on March 13.
That would have been Hubbard's 75th birtday.  The remaining volumes
are supposedly written and will be released according to some pre-
determined timetable.