[net.sf-lovers] Request re. Buckaroo Banzai Fan Club

jim@randvax.UUCP (Jim Gillogly) (02/10/86)

In article <674@ttidcb.UUCP> jackson@ttidcb.UUCP (Dick Jackson) writes:
>Would someone please mail to me the address of the Buckaroo Bonzai
>fan club.

Sure - write to:

	The Banzai Institute
	West Coast Offices
	20th Century Fox
	P.O. Box 900
	Beverly Hills, CA 90213

>By the way, is the BB organization still thriving? alive??

Yes, we're up to about 4000 members now.  The most recent newsletter is
the December 1985 issue of "World Watch One".  The main short-term goal
is to encourage Fox to make "Buckaroo Banzai against the World Crime
League".  Kind of tough, since "BB" lost money - at least until the
videotape and disk came out.  I think it's headed toward profitability now.

For those in North Texas, we have:

	BBI Lone Star Detachment
	c/o Mike Vanhooser
	110 Chelsea Bay
	Lewisville, TX 75067

And if you want to enlist on the other side,

	The League of Lectroids for Lizardo
	c/o John Howling Mouse
	2610 Whitis #A
	Austin, TX 78705

But remember, only the BLUE BLAZE IRREGULARS can help Buckaroo Banzai
take on the World Crime League!
--
	Jim Gillogly
	{decvax, vortex}!randvax!jim

ma3166ay@unmc.UUCP (L.A. Electronics) (02/14/86)

In article <> ar563303@sjuvax.UUCP (rowley) writes:
>In article <674@ttidcb.UUCP> jackson@ttidcb.UUCP writes:
>>
>>Would someone please mail to me the address of the Buckaroo Banzai
>>fan club.
>
>      Better yet, would someone please post this address to the net?
>
>                                  Blue Blaze Irregular No. 399 1/2
>                                  Tony Rowley (ar563303@sjuvax)
>
>>By the way, is the BB organization still thriving? alive??
>>
>>Dick Jackson

Alive, yes.  Thriving, no.  In fact, the Blue Blaze Irregulars are in imminent
danger of becoming defunct.  Here's the scoop, as filtered through a good
friend of mine who is a very active member of the club.

Right now, the BBIs are COMPLETELY supported financially by 20th Century Fox,
and 20th seems to be enjoying the deal as well as the BBIs are, but in a
few months, ALL the rights to "Buckaroo Banzai" and its associated characters,
etc. revert to Gladden Entertainment (or somesuch), the company that used to
be called Sherwood Productions.  Gladden has reportedly stated that they have
ABSOLUTELY no plans to continue with ANY aspect of Buckaroo Banzai, including
redistribution of the film, production of a sequel, or continuation of the
fan club.  Simply put, they plan to kill off the entire concept.

All the above information is taken from letters from Dianne Wickes and Denise
Tathwell, who are on the club staff.

Clearly a letter-writing campaign is in order, but to exactly who (or what
their addresses are) I'm not sure.  The people at the club know where to
write, so here's the address:

    The Banzai Institute
    c/o 20th Century Fox
    P.O. Box 900
    Beverly Hills, CA  90213

If you've been holding off joining the club (it's free at the moment) or
just have never heard of it, now would seem to be the time to get into the
act.

.rne.

-----
Ernie Longmire        {{purdue,cmcl2,ihnp4}!lanl,ucbvax}!unmvax!unmc!ma3166ay
-----
"I'm looking for my pipe bomb...I left it here a while ago and now it's gone."