[net.music.synth] Pitchrider 7000 guitar-to-MIDI

jw@mck-csc.UUCP (Jeffrey Weiss) (08/13/85)

Just got some more info on this product from the vendor:

    - They're just getting a brochure ready now (avail. in a week or so)
    - Pickup (about .25" wide) mounts under the strings (glue, tape, etc.)
    - Bends are transmitted as pitch wheel info over MIDI
    - Price is $995 including pickup and interface

> 	Cherry Lane Technologies
> 	110 Midland Ave, PO Box 430
> 	Port Chester, NY 10573
>
> 	(914) 937-8601

Jeffrey Weiss
McKinsey & Co., Inc.
Cambridge, MA

{ihnp4, genrad}!mit-eddie!mck-csc!jw

clelau@wateng.UUCP (Eric C.L. Lau) (08/19/85)

In article <121@mck-csc.UUCP> jw@mck-csc.UUCP (Jeffrey Weiss) writes:
>Just got some more info on this product from the vendor:
>
>    - They're just getting a brochure ready now (avail. in a week or so)
>    - Pickup (about .25" wide) mounts under the strings (glue, tape, etc.)
>    - Bends are transmitted as pitch wheel info over MIDI
>    - Price is $995 including pickup and interface

The last time I heard, a Pitchrider only worked on monophonic instruments.
How does it work on a guitar or is it useless when strumming?  Or can it
actually pick out each string when a chord is strummed?  I'm more into
keyboards then guitars but I was just curious.
        Eric Lau

chriss@midas.UUCP (Chris Shirkoff) (08/22/85)

In article <2757@wateng.UUCP> clelau@wateng.UUCP (Eric C.L. Lau) writes:
>The last time I heard, a Pitchrider only worked on monophonic
>instruments.  How does it work on a guitar or is it useless when
>strumming?

I heard a demo of the Pitchrider 7000 at DIGICON, and was impressed.
IVL was able to demonstrate all its polyphonic features.  The
ability to have six split points (one per string) looked useful.

The Pitchrider 4000 is a monophonic device, and is still available.
You can control pitch bend range (0-12 semitones), MIDI channel
(1-16), note velocity (on/off), sensitivity or response time.  The
demo I heard used a flute as an input device.

I was suprised to find that IVL sells the Pitchrider family in
Canada for the same dollar amount as Cherry Lane sells them in the
U.S.! That makes it 35% cheaper if you buy one in Canada and find
a way to get it into the country without paying a lot of customs
duty.
--

---------------------------------------
UUCP:	tektronix!midas!chriss

hedger@ada-uts.UUCP (08/24/85)

i think the one that you heard about was the pitchrider 2000 which is
mono....however the model mentioned (the 7000) is designed for guitars
and is polyphonic....hedger intermetrics

sorgatz@ttidcc.UUCP ( Avatar) (08/28/85)

Message 8243:
From ttidcb!loco Wed Aug 28 11:56:12 1985
Subject: N Dhrfgvba
(8 lines)
Qb jr unir n fgnaqneq ebg13 rapelcgre/qrpelcgre	ba gur flfgrz naljurer?
V xabj gurer vf	bar nf cneg bs gur inevbhf ArgArjf cebtenzf, ohg pna jr
npprff vg qverpgyl?  V ebg13'rq guvf nf gur crefba jub vf noyr gb qrpelcg
guvf vf	cebonoyl gur crefba jub	pna nafjre zl dhrfgvba.	 Gunaxf.

			-Crgr-