[net.music.synth] Oberheim Xpander

rwn@iham1.UUCP (Bob Neumann) (11/08/85)

Subject: Oberheim Xpander
Newsgroups: net.music.synth

I recently had the software upgraded in my Oberheim
Xpander.  Previous to the update, there was a great factory
patch called "D'AMMOND" which sounded like a Hammond
organ with a fast spinning Leslie speaker.  I obtained the patch from
an Xpander in a music store two weeks before getting the software
update, so I did not have enough time to study the patch parameters.
When I brought the Xpander home, my great "D'AMMOND"
patch now sounded like the Leslie was NOT SPINNING!  I do not have
a touch sensitive remote keyboard yet (such as an xk or DX7) so the
Xpander is driven by the Midi link from the back of my OB-8.

All other patches sound as good as they did before, so I believe
that the default parameters for the Pitchbend/Modulation
levers have changed.  Do any Xpander/Matrix 12 owners have suggestions
on how I can speed up the Leslie Effect ?  I've tried varying the
modulation lever paramenters and the LFO's within the patch but
it just doesn't sound the same. HELP!!!

		Bob Neumann
		Work (312) 979-6533
		Home (312) 839-5978

ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP (Daniel Jay Barrett) (11/11/85)

>                                 ...there was a great factory
> patch called "D'AMMOND" which sounded like a Hammond
> organ with a fast spinning Leslie speaker.  I obtained the patch from
> an Xpander in a music store two weeks before getting the software
> update, so I did not have enough time to study the patch parameters.
> When I brought the Xpander home, my great "D'AMMOND"
> patch now sounded like the Leslie was NOT SPINNING!

I have a Matrix-12 with the same patch.  The "spinning" is connected
to PEDAL2 on mine.  Plug in a sustain or control-voltage pedal and
see what happens.

Dan Barrett