[net.music.synth] Casio CZ 6000

hunter@oakhill.UUCP (Hunter Scales) (01/15/86)

I just got a copy of the 47th St. Photo catalog and on the back
cover is an ad for the Casio CZ 6000.  It doesnt have any details
just: *touch sensitive keyboard* and *$519.00*.  Does anyone
have any more info on this?  If this is right, it has to be the
cheapest touch sensitive keyboard around (by at least $1000).
--
Motorola Semiconductor Inc.                Hunter Scales
Austin, Texas           {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax,gatech}!ut-sally!oakhill!hunter

(I am responsible for myself and my dog and no-one else)

djg@well.UUCP (David Julian Gray) (01/16/86)

The Casio CT-6000 is their top-of-the-line home entertainment
center type synth.  By which I mean no derision.  It's not
of the CZ series and comes with built in amp, two speakers,
and rhythm/accompaniment module (less flexible sequencer).
It's got MIDI and some of the parameters are programable;
I do not know if it has memory for programmed patches.

rsk@pucc-j (Wombat) (01/16/86)

In article <628@oakhill.UUCP> hunter@oakhill.UUCP (Hunter Scales) writes:
>I just got a copy of the 47th St. Photo catalog and on the back
>cover is an ad for the Casio CZ 6000.  It doesnt have any details
>just: *touch sensitive keyboard* and *$519.00*.  Does anyone
>have any more info on this?  If this is right, it has to be the
>cheapest touch sensitive keyboard around (by at least $1000).

Nonsense.  The Korg DW-8000 sells for about $1100 around here; the Akai
AX80 for about $700.  Both have touch-sensitive keyboards.

--
Rich Kulawiec  pucc-j!rsk or rsk@asc.purdue.edu

jer@peora.UUCP (J. Eric Roskos) (01/17/86)

> I just got a copy of the 47th St. Photo catalog and on the back
> cover is an ad for the Casio CZ 6000.  It doesnt have any details
> just: *touch sensitive keyboard* and *$519.00*.  Does anyone
> have any more info on this?  If this is right, it has to be the
> cheapest touch sensitive keyboard around (by at least $1000).

That's apparently a typographical error... what is depicted in the
photograph is a CT-6000, not a CZ-6000... it is described on page
139 of the catalog, and is also sold by Service Merchandise... it
is a sort of high-end model of their "rhythm and a few musical
instruments" keyboards.
--
UUCP: Ofc:  jer@peora.UUCP  Home: jer@jerpc.CCC.UUCP  CCC DNS: peora, pesnta
  US Mail:  MS 795; CONCURRENT Computer Corp. SDC; (A Perkin-Elmer Company)

	"A people without history is not redeemed from time,
	 For history is a pattern of timeless moments." --TSE