[net.sf-lovers] Tripods books

alpert@chovax.DEC (02/08/86)

[]

I have been trying to find the Tripods books by John Christopher
without much luck -- does anyone out there know the actual titles
of these books and the publisher? Are they available in paperback?
I've tried the usual shopping mall bookstores, some locals, and
my local library with negative results.

New Jersey Network recently completed showing the first season of
the TV series -- and they don't have the second.  I'm hooked.  Help!

			Bob Alpert

			DEC Software Services
			6 Executive Campus, Rt. 70
			Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

			...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-chovax!alpert

iwm@icdoc.UUCP (Ian Moor) (02/23/86)

In article <1003@decwrl.DEC.COM> alpert@dec-chovax.UUCP writes:

>I have been trying to find the Tripods books by John Christopher
>without much luck -- does anyone out there know the actual titles
>of these books and the publisher? Are they available in paperback?
The titles of the three books are:
The White Mountains, The City of Gold and Lead, and The Pool of Fire.
I have paperbacks which were published several years ago by Panda (I think)
they are classed as juvenile (because of the age of the main characters ?),
which may be why they are difficult to find. I heard recently that the BBC
were not going to make the third series because of the reception of the
first two - perhaps this was a result of putting them in the 'Dr Who slot'
(5.30 pm on Saturday)

--
Ian W Moor
  UUCP: seismo!mcvax!ukc!icdoc!iwm

 Department of Computing   Whereat a great and far-off voice was heard, saying,
 Imperial College.         Poop-poop-poopy, and it was even so; and the days
 180 Queensgate            of Poopy Panda were long in the land.
 London SW7 Uk.