[net.music.synth] DX-21 guitars

pjd@cwruecmp.UUCP (dr. funk) (03/05/86)

Thanks to Tim Snyder for posting the note about guitar chords and even
better, the notes for the open strings. I kept meaning to sit down with
a guitar and figure out the notes for things like bar chords, etc. Any
guitar + keyboard players want to take this on?

If imitative synthesis is your game, then the instrument must be
played idomatically. I purchased a Yamaha CE-20 (FM, touch sensistive,
and preset) in the eraly 80's and learned this lesson quickly. This is
NOT easy especially for plucked, bowed or certain kinds of blown
instruments. Any kid in a garage band can get a passible trumpet, but
a violin with true emotion and feel is another matter.

--

paul drongowski				decvax!cwruecmp!pjd
case western reserve university		pjd%Case@CSNet-relay

bruns@milano.UUCP (03/07/86)

In article <1427@cwruecmp.UUCP>, pjd@cwruecmp.UUCP (dr. funk) writes:
> Thanks to Tim Snyder for posting the note about guitar chords and even
> better, the notes for the open strings. I kept meaning to sit down with
> a guitar and figure out the notes for things like bar chords, etc. Any
> guitar + keyboard players want to take this on?

The two most popular bar chord voicings are based on open E and A chords.

For E major chord:  E B E G# B E

(substitute G natural for G# to get E minor bar chord voicing)

For A major chord:  A E A C# E

(of course, substitute C natural here to get A minor)

--
Glenn Bruns
MCC, Software Technology Program