[net.music.synth] IBM music boards

ln63fhl@sdcc7.ucsd.EDU (David Cook) (10/13/86)

I have looked thru entire issues of Byte and could not find any
adds for music boards for pcs.  Does anyone know what is available
in the way of music hardward and software for pcs; (perhaps something
as sophisticated as the music hardware for the Amiga?)  I'm sure there
is lots of stuff out there, but I've just missed it.

stubbs@ncr-sd.UUCP (Jan Stubbs) (10/13/86)

In article <550@sdcc7.ucsd.EDU> ln63fhl@sdcc7.ucsd.EDU (David Cook) writes:
>I have looked thru entire issues of Byte and could not find any
>adds for music boards for pcs.

The music issue of byte had an ad for this stuff:
Future Music
Reno, Nevada is all I remember, but call me in a few days and I
will find it again.

Jan Stubbs    ....sdcsvax!ncr-sd!stubbs
619 485-3052
NCR Corporation
16550 W. Bernardo Drive MS4010
San Diego, CA. 92127

joel@peora.UUCP (Joel Upchurch) (10/15/86)

	PC Magazine had an article in Volume 5 Number 17 (Oct 14, 86)
	on page 265 which reviewed the Tecmar Music Synthesis System.
--
     Joel Upchurch @ CONCURRENT Computer Corporation (A Perkin-Elmer Company)
     Southern Development Center

dyer@spdcc.UUCP (Steve Dyer) (10/16/86)

I called Tecmar last month about this board (which they had been advertising for
several months) and I got a tight-lipped marketing person who simply said that
they weren't going to sell it.  Nothing more.  Weird.
--
Steve Dyer
dyer@harvard.HARVARD.EDU