[net.nlang.india] India Newsgroup

jcp@brl-tgr.ARPA (Joe Pistritto <jcp>) (01/30/85)

	Although I'm not Indian, I am planning to marry someone
who is soon, so I guess that counts for half... :-)

	I am planning to go to India this June, (for the second time,
and in line with the above objective), and was wondering if any of
the people out there have found any 'really good' deals on travel to
and from India.  Also, any particularly interesting routes.  I'm
planning to visit Bombay (never been there before), Dehli, and
Varanasi.  Last time I went, I flew Air India from Kennedy to
Dehli and back.  Is this the best deal?  The dollor has gone up
20% since I went last time relative to the Rupee, has there been
any reduction in fares?  For reference, I paid about $1000 last time
for a round trip.

					Joseph C. Pistritto

agrawal@csd2.UUCP (Mukul Babu Agrawal) (01/31/85)

>From: jcp@brl-tgr.ARPA (Joe Pistritto <jcp>)
>Date: 29-Jan-85 23:21 EST
>Subject: India Newsgroup
>Newsgroups: net.nlang.india
>

>	Although I'm not Indian, I am planning to marry someone
>who is soon, so I guess that counts for half... :-)
>
>	I am planning to go to India this June, (for the second time,
>and in line with the above objective), and was wondering if any of
>the people out there have found any 'really good' deals on travel to
>and from India.  Also, any particularly interesting routes.  I'm
>planning to visit Bombay (never been there before), Dehli, and
>Varanasi.  Last time I went, I flew Air India from Kennedy to
>Dehli and back.  Is this the best deal?  The dollor has gone up
>20% since I went last time relative to the Rupee, has there been
>any reduction in fares?  For reference, I paid about $1000 last time
>for a round trip.
>
>					Joseph C. Pistritto

	The best I know is between $1045-$1090 . You can go by PANAM or
by AIR FRANCE . The Air France flights are via Paris and you could break
your journey there , The PANAM flights are via Hamburg ( I believe ) .
	Air India also flies via London .
	Rest to your taste .....

				Mukul Agrawal
				agrawal@csd2.arpa