[net.nlang.india] "What is iitnet ?"

agrawal@csd2.UUCP (Mukul Babu Agrawal) (02/23/85)

>From seismo!rochester!amitabha Sat Feb 23 12:52:34 1985
>Date: Sat, 23 Feb 85 12:03:42 est
>From: Amitabha Mukhopadhyay  <seismo!rochester!amitabha>
>
>I would appreciate if you could tell me, or post in net.nlang.india, the
>facts about IITnet. I and several other netusers seem to be unaware
>of this.
>
>Thanks.
>	Amitabha Mukerjee (khuto)
>	UUCP:	(..!{allegra, decvax, seismo}!rochester!amitabha)

	This is what is iitnet ::===
					Mukul .

	There is a mailing list of ex-iitk students operating for about a year
now. Recently mailing lists for students from other iits have also been formed
(except IIT/KGP probably).
	Further more , there is yet another mailing list called "iitnet" which
just forwards messages to the mailing lists of different iits.All these lists
operate from the node ucbernie { at Berkeley }.The lists are  called
iit?net depending on the name of the iit.
	To mail to the list you may mail to  iit?net@ucbernie.arpa   or
ucbvax!ucbernie!iit?net (( not sure about this ))  ..

	For any questions or to be added to any of these please send mail to

THE iit NETWORK:

BOMBAY: iitbnet@ucbernie       CONTACT: bhide@ucbernie
DELHI : iitdnet@ucbernie       CONTACT: prakash@ucbernie
KANPUR: iitknet@ucbernie       CONTACT: mots@ucbernie
MADRAS: iitmnet@ucbernie       CONTACT: arvind@ucbernie

GENERAL: iitnet@ucbernie       CONTACT: any of the above

rajeev Motwani

percy@amdcad.UUCP (Percy Irani) (02/27/85)

> (except IIT/KGP probably).
> THE iit NETWORK:
>
> BOMBAY: iitbnet@ucbernie       CONTACT: bhide@ucbernie
> DELHI : iitdnet@ucbernie       CONTACT: prakash@ucbernie
> KANPUR: iitknet@ucbernie       CONTACT: mots@ucbernie
> MADRAS: iitmnet@ucbernie       CONTACT: arvind@ucbernie
>
> GENERAL: iitnet@ucbernie       CONTACT: any of the above

I would like to represent IIT KGP if its possible. (if it does not
exist)
We have pretty good uucp connections and can access ARPA from
ucbvax (???......) and would like to forward mails/messages
to interested people. Please respond by mail directly.

{ihnp4,allegra,fortune,gatech,amd}!amdcad!percy

IKS@PSUVM.BITNET (02/28/85)

Bravo to Percy for initiating IIT/KGP net. Let us all look around us
and let the KGPites know about the KGP net and get them add to the
mailing list.

    Keep Smiling (=::=)                 --Indra K. Singhal