[net.nlang.india] messages on net.nlang.india

muppala@sunybcs.UUCP (Shankar Muppala) (06/20/85)

does sunil trivedi has any other work apart from posting articles on this
net ?
if he has a vacation at his school and does not know what to do, then
I suggest that he take a trip to hawaii. i am sure it will do him a lot
of good and save us from the trouble of having to read his postings
whenever we get on to the net

					Shankar

padpowell@wateng.UUCP (PAD Powell) (06/20/85)

In article <1818@sunybcs.UUCP> muppala@sunybcs.UUCP (Shankar Muppala) writes:
>does sunil trivedi has any other work apart from posting articles on this
>net ?
>if he has a vacation at his school and does not know what to do, then
>I suggest that he take a trip to hawaii. i am sure it will do him a lot
>of good and save us from the trouble of having to read his postings
>whenever we get on to the net
>

>					Shankar

University of Hawaii is on the net...  Sigh...

Patrick ("Fiji?  Tasmania?  Tierra Del Fuego?") Powell

srini@ut-sally.UUCP (High Priest o' the Hills) (06/20/85)

In article <1818@sunybcs.UUCP> muppala@sunybcs.UUCP (Shankar Muppala) writes:
> does sunil trivedi has any other work apart from posting articles on this
> net ?
> I suggest that he take a trip to hawaii. i am sure it will do him a lot
> of good.
>					Shankar

	Shankara Muppala (and I don't care if spelt your name wrong),
flabbergasts me. Whatever happened to "I might not agree with your views,
but certainly respect your right to air them" - attitude which
characterizes traditional Indian tolerance ?

	I am sure there are plenty of passive readers on the net, who,
just like me, look forward to original discussions initiated by someone
else who cares to keep this group alive. Passive, until some idiot like
you comes along to spoil our fun.

	I bet it's guys like you cause communal riots back home.

	Lest I be mistaken, my bitch is that this guy did not even care
to elucidate WHY he dislikes Sunil's postings, except for their
frequency.

* Shankara the destroyer is dead , long live the preserver of creativity *

			- Lord Shrinivasa
--
{ihnp4,harvard,seismo,gatech,ctvax}!ut-sally!srini
srini@ut-sally.ARPA

sunil@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Sunil Trivedi) (06/20/85)

  From: muppala@sunybcs.UUCP (Shankar Muppala)  <1818Asunybcs.UUCP>
> does sunil trivedi has any other work apart from posting articles on this
> net ?

   Hell no, how can work on net.nlang.india and something else at the same
   time?  I'm humble enough to admit that my dedication to net.nlang.india
   doesn't allow me to take on that extra job at the local 7-11 or at the
   local Safeway.  Since you've somehow overcome those hurdles, please give
   me the 'world-renown' Muppala Game Plan to managing between work and our
   net.nlang.india (Don't forget it's work too!).

> if he has a vacation at his school and does not know what to do, then

   A vacation!  And leave my work (net.nlang.india)!  Maybe at SUNY/Buffalo,
   the C.S. department is a bit too lax, allowing its students to take off
   for vacations while they are in the middle of their work?  Heck, the
   C.S. department at U.T. encourages its students to finish their work be-
   fore having fun.

> I suggest that he take a trip to hawaii. i am sure it will do him a lot
> of good

   My address is:  P.O. Box 8057,
		   Austin, TX 78713-8057  {that's Zip+4}
   Please send the tickets to my address above.  Please don't purchase the
   tickets for seats on American Airlines (the cleaning crew once threw out
   a $70 textbook of mine while I was away from the seat).  Did I say tick-
   ets instead of ticket?  Since you're going to give a trip to Hawaii (like
   the game shows do), I won't enjoy it if I go alone.  Since I know you guys
   take vacations all the time during your work, you may not have enough to
   buy two tickets, so I am offering to buy the second if you can't afford it
   and if your Indian pride is not hurt.

> 	  and save us from the trouble of having to read his postings
> whenever we get on to the net

   Not bad, giving a trip to Hawaii to anyone you don't like on the 'net'!
   I'd be careful - with an offer like that, you could get a lot of takers!
   So I guess if I were in Hawaii, I would not be posting to the net. Well
   if you're a bit strapped for cash, get together with others who feel the
   way you do (ex: shaji@sbcs) and start a Send-Sunil-to-Hawaii Fund.  Now
   if you can't do that (and I really hope you can), then I offer to you the
   following advise:

	1) Use the 'n' key on your keyboard when you see a message from me.
	   And since you know I 'work' on net.nlang.india, you may have to
	   keep your fingers poised over the 'n' key at all times.
	2) Unsuscribe to net.nlang.india.  The thought of losing your access
	   to the Indian intellectual community may make you not be in favor
	   of this option even after considering my activity on it.
	3) Practice the virtue called tolerance and bear with my 'work' and
	   if you feel the need to contribute, then do so.

> 					Shankar

						      Keep smiling,

	      +-------------+
	      |             |
        ===========================
	       |___     ___|			      Sunil Trivedi
       	       |(*)	(*)|			    sunil@ut-ngp.ARPA
	       |           |			...!ut-sally!ut-ngp!sunil
               |     ^     |			....!netword!ut-ngp!sunil
               |   \___/   |
	  	\         /
	    	  - - - -

bhatnaga@topaz.ARPA (Bhatnaga) (06/20/85)

> does sunil trivedi has any other work apart from posting articles on this
> net ?
> if he has a vacation at his school and does not know what to do, then
> I suggest that he take a trip to hawaii. i am sure it will do him a lot
> of good and save us from the trouble of having to read his postings
> whenever we get on to the net
>

> 					Shankar

I have full support for Sunil Trivedi and four suggestions for Shankar:

1. Never type 'readnew -n net.nlang.india <CR>' when you are working on a unix
   based machine.

(if you type above by accident then)

{

2. Never type 'y' if the message is from Sunil Trivedi.( It is not mandatory
   that you read all the messages.)

3. Never type 'y' if the message is from me.

}

4. Try to be polite.

There is such a simple solution to this problem! Why punish some one to
Hawaii? ( remember Kala Pani in the British time.)

Neeraj Bhatnagar
----------------

niyogi@sunybcs.UUCP (Debashish Niyogi) (06/20/85)

> does sunil trivedi has any other work apart from posting articles on this
> net ?
> if he has a vacation at his school and does not know what to do, then
> I suggest that he take a trip to hawaii. i am sure it will do him a lot
> of good and save us from the trouble of having to read his postings
> whenever we get on to the net
> 					Shankar

We could do without sarcastic comments like this on the net. Shankar, if you
have any bones to pick with Sunil, you can correspond directly with him,
instead of posting your complaints to the net.

And by the way, you don't HAVE to read his messages if you don't want to.
Haven't you heard of the 'n' key ?

I personally think that Sunil is one of the few people who contributed
intelligently to the recent discussions on net.nlang.india. Keep up the
good work, Sunil.

And before I get any flames for THIS posting, let me clarify that my
comments apply equally to anyone else on the net who is
inclined to indulge in petty bickering instead of contributing to the
current discussions in a constructive manner.
--

---  Debashish Niyogi

UUCP  : {burdvax,rocksvax,bbncca,decvax,dual,rocksanne,watmath}!sunybcs!niyogi
CSNET : niyogi@buffalo              ##  Computer Science Dept.,SUNY at Buffalo,
ARPA  : niyogi%buffalo@csnet-relay  ##  226 Bell Hall, Amherst, NY 14260.
BITNET: niyogi@sunybcs              ##  (716)-636-3197

jis1@mtgzz.UUCP (j.mukerji) (06/21/85)

> does sunil trivedi has any other work apart from posting articles on this
> net ?
> if he has a vacation at his school and does not know what to do, then
> I suggest that he take a trip to hawaii. i am sure it will do him a lot
> of good and save us from the trouble of having to read his postings
> whenever we get on to the net
>

>					Shankar

You don't HAVE to read what Sunil posts. There always is the 'n' key! Some
of us do enjoy his postings! As for how he manages to find the time for
doing it, that is none of your business anyway. I am sure Sunil is perfectly
capable of figuring out whether he would rather post articles on the net, or
go to Hawaii!  Besides, I don't think he is nearly as prolific as Prentice
Riddle or Andy Tannenbaum used to be. So why complain?

Jishnu Mukerji
AT&T Information Systems Labs.
Holmdel NJ 07733
+1 201 542 8427
...ihnp4!mtgzz!jis1

muppala@sunybcs.UUCP (Shankar Muppala) (06/21/85)

> > does sunil trivedi has any other work apart from posting articles on this
> > net ?
> > if he has a vacation at his school and does not know what to do, then
> > I suggest that he take a trip to hawaii. i am sure it will do him a lot
> > of good and save us from the trouble of having to read his postings
> > whenever we get on to the net
> > 					Shankar
> >
> We could do without sarcastic comments like this on the net. Shankar, if you
> have any bones to pick with Sunil, you can correspond directly with him,
> instead of posting your complaints to the net.
>
> And by the way, you don't HAVE to read his messages if you don't want to.
> Haven't you heard of the 'n' key ?
>
> I personally think that Sunil is one of the few people who contributed
> intelligently to the recent discussions on net.nlang.india. Keep up the
> good work, Sunil.
>
> And before I get any flames for THIS posting, let me clarify that my
> comments apply equally to anyone else on the net who is
> inclined to indulge in petty bickering instead of contributing to the
> current discussions in a constructive manner.
> --
>
> ---  Debashish Niyogi

> UUCP  : {burdvax,rocksvax,bbncca,decvax,dual,rocksanne,watmath}!sunybcs!niyogi
> CSNET : niyogi@buffalo              ##  Computer Science Dept.,SUNY at Buffalo,
> ARPA  : niyogi%buffalo@csnet-relay  ##  226 Bell Hall, Amherst, NY 14260.
> BITNET: niyogi@sunybcs              ##  (716)-636-3197

*I guess the same holds true for you. If you have anything to say you
could meet me personally in the department. If I could meet sunil I
would have loved to talk more about the topic on arranged marriages.
It is not the case that I dont agree with sunil. It is just the case
that we keep hitting around the bush. It is you who is being sarcastic,
not me. If you think that you alone know about the 'n' key, I dont know
what to say .

	Let us leave the net for more constructive discussions and stop
this nonsense o of throwing this type of remarks on the net. I once again
point out that it is not the case that I dont like Sunil's discussion.
A change of topic would certainly be welcome. And once again, let us hope
there won't be any further discussions on the net regarding this posting
or any previous postings.

			Thank you

				Shankar
** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***

vallath@ucbcad.UUCP (Vallath Nandakumar) (06/23/85)

> 	Let us leave the net for more constructive discussions and stop
> this nonsense o of throwing this type of remarks on the net.
> I once again point out that it is not the case that
> I dont like Sunil's discussion. A change of topic would
> certainly be welcome.
> 				Shankar

Following the excellent discussion on relieving oneself
in net.women, I propose we discuss pissing into an Indian
toilet in this newsgroup.   I believe it will open up
an entire new vista of psycho-biological facts.

Vallath Nandakumar (a psuedonym, of course.  Nobody can be
called Vallath!)
Dept. of EECS, Univ. of Cal., Berkeley

niyogi@sunybcs.UUCP (Debashish Niyogi) (06/24/85)

>    A vacation!  And leave my work (net.nlang.india)!  Maybe at SUNY/Buffalo,
>    the C.S. department is a bit too lax, allowing its students to take off
>    for vacations while they are in the middle of their work?  Heck, the
>    C.S. department at U.T. encourages its students to finish their work be-
>    fore having fun.
> 	       			      Sunil Trivedi

Shankar Muppala DOES NOT belong to the CS Department at SUNY/Buffalo,
so please don't make any disparaging remarks about our department based
on his recent behavior on the net.