[net.nlang.india] GPO strike or go slow in India

anand@utastro.UUCP (Anand Sivaramakrishnan) (07/05/85)

Does anybody know of a go-slow or strike in the
post office in India? Are letters or cables or both
affected if there is one?

jcp@brl-sem.ARPA (Joe Pistritto <jcp>) (07/06/85)

In article <312@utastro.UUCP> anand@utastro.UUCP (Anand Sivaramakrishnan) writes:

>Does anybody know of a go-slow or strike in the
>post office in India? Are letters or cables or both
>affected if there is one?

When I was in India two weeks ago, they were having a post office slowdown
in Bombay and Dehli.  It affected letters, but not telegrams.  Letters were
taking 15-16 days to go one way Bombay - USA, as against 8 or so normally.

							-JCP-

--

If guns are outlawed, how will we shoot the liberals...