[net.nlang.india] info_request: radio_programs

somanathan@elmer.DEC (chandra_sekhara somanathan menon) (07/09/85)

Need some info on sw-frequencies/time_schedules to catch Indian programs
from air/bbc/ceylon/.......  Was informed by a friend of mine
that the net had carried some info couple of months ago. Would
appreciate if someone could forward them to me. Any addresses to get
some hard_copy info on regular programs ??

Thanks,
soman................................somanathan%elmer.DEC@decwrl.arpa....
                                     617-568-5990

bhatnaga@topaz.ARPA (Bhatnaga) (07/15/85)

In article <3046@decwrl.UUCP>, somanathan@elmer.DEC (chandra_sekhara somanathan menon) writes:

> Need some info on sw-frequencies/time_schedules to catch Indian programs
> from air/bbc/ceylon/.......  Was informed by a friend of mine
> that the net had carried some info couple of months ago. Would
> appreciate if someone could forward them to me. Any addresses to get
> some hard_copy info on regular programs ??
>
> Thanks,
> soman................................somanathan%elmer.DEC@decwrl.arpa....
>                                      617-568-5990

1) For a complete list of BBC world service programs one can contact:

CANADA:

	BBC, Post Office Box 1555, Station B, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5R5

USA:

	BBC, 630 Fifth Ave., New York, NY 10020

GOOD OLD:

	BBC, P.O. Box 76, Bush House, London, WC2B 4PH

Incidentally, I got the above list from London and it took around three
weeks. Just send a letter to the World Service on one of the above
addresses.

2) Following are the times when you can listen to the World News from
the world service:

(A * indicates that the news is preceded by 15 mins of Sports Round Up)

(A $     "      "    "    "   " followed  " 10 mins of News About Britain)