[net.nlang.india] Please don't FLAME me

dss00@amdahl.UUCP (dss00) (02/24/86)

Recently the following piece of mail showed up on iitbnet mailing list.
I presume that the english is deliberate, yet I found some part rather
amusing. I have underlined it using ^^^^ symbols. I presume that since
the mailing was distributed publicly (even though to a limited group),
it's okay to post it to the net.

Now before you go any further, please note that I mean no personal
insult to the poster. It is supposed to be a joke. I have deliberately
deleted the mail originator's id to avoid causing him any agony.

> Subject:  Aur Desh ki baaten. Arrey suneeyay bhi.....
> To: ernie.berkeley.EDU!iitnet
>
> Namaskar my desi brethren.
> Let me invite you to sare with me my experiences of a travel in a
> land of Ganges. I had gone there to choose a wife and have just
> now returned. She will of course come later.
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Once I was landed at the modern airstrip of Delhi I was not
> knowing what to expect. Firstly the coolies did not jump into
> the plane before it stopped and make commosion. That is a big
> achievement.
> My family, all 23 of them were there at airport. I was amajed
> at their outlook so modern. My father was wearing blue
> jean pant and he says to me " Beta How nice to see you. How are you
> doing ?" My mother too is coming in skirt (but long one )
> The whole scene is changing - nowdays even rickshaw mans
> are carrying walkman and doing breakdance on the roads. Indeed
> we have come such a long way in no time at all.
>
> Sorry friends, I am unable to finish but I will continue tomorrow.
> So long !

Like I said, this is in jest. Flames to /dev/null.

--

Deepak S. Sabnis ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,amd,nsc}!amdahl!dss00    (408) 746-6058

(Usual Disclaimer Here)

Where the mind is without fear; And the head is held high
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been divided into narrow domestic walls;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way,
in the dreary desert sand of dead habits;
Into that Kingdom of Heaven my Father, let my country awake.

                                 -- Rabindranath Tagore

ams@philabs.UUCP (Ali Shaik) (02/25/86)

> > Namaskar my desi brethren.
> > Let me invite you to sare with me my experiences of a travel in a
> > land of Ganges. I had gone there to choose a wife and have just
> > now returned. She will of course come later.
> > My family, all 23 of them were there at airport. I was amajed
> > at their outlook so modern. My father was wearing blue
> > jean pant and he says to me " Beta How nice to see you. How are you
> > doing ?" My mother too is coming in skirt (but long one )

     Considering the flames at the article on Ferraris, I thought
     there may a lack of a sense of humor among you netters out there.
     After reading this, I have come to believe otherwise.

     Ali Shaik    ..ihnp4!philabs!ams