[net.nlang.india] Nehru, Edwina ------ ?

rubabh@hercules.UUCP (Rubab Huq) (03/12/86)

Sometime back there was a posting as to the relationship between Nehru and
Edwina. This might be of interest ....

According to an interview with Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit (Nehru's sister)
in the Oregonian she says "Edwina was an extremely fine woman who was drawn
on many levels to my brother. I pity a woman who wouldn't have been.
And he found in her a woman with whom he could exchange many thoughts."
(Oh, Oh, silly me, where was I??)

She says the Nehru family has possession of Edwina's letters to Nehru, and
that the Mountbatten family has possession of Nehru's letters to Edwina.
In one of the letters to Edwina after he accompanied the Mountbattens on a
1948 holiday to the mountains near Simla, he says "Suddenly I realized (and
perhaps you did also) that there was a deeper attachment between us, that
some uncontrollable force, of which I was only dimly aware, drew us to one
another. I was overwhelmed and at the same time exhilarated by this new
discovery. We talked more initimately, as if some veil had been removed,
and we could look into each other's eyes without fear or embarrassment."

Hot stuff ain't it ?.

								Rubab Huq

das@orstcs.UUCP (03/14/86)

  So much for Nehru and Edwina, as far as Ms. Pandit's antics are concerned
read M.O Mothai's book called "Oh! Nehru" ( correct me if I am wrong ), the hot
stuff is all in there !
---
das@orstcs

mathur@alberta.UUCP (Ambrish Mathur) (03/18/86)

In article <24300087@orstcs.UUCP> das@orstcs.UUCP writes:

>  So much for Nehru and Edwina, as far as Ms. Pandit's antics are concerned
>read M.O Mothai's book called "Oh! Nehru" ( correct me if I am wrong ), the hot
>stuff is all in there !

	Isn't Mathai's book called "Reminiscences of the Nehru Age"?

--Ambrish Mathur
...ihnp4!alberta!mathur