[net.sf-lovers] Is PKD really dead?

ramsay@kcl-cs.UUCP (ZNAC440) (03/11/86)

>>....  Philip Dick is also wonderful, but he's not writing
>>much these days....
>How do you know?  Just because he's not getting much published doesn't
>mean he's not writing (as I know to my regret.)  Maybe the mail service
>is not very efffective from where he is?
>			Charlie Martin
>			(...mcnc!duke!crm)

I could be wrong about this, but didn't Philip Dick die in 1982? This is what
it says in the front of one of his books I have (can't remember which). If he
was fooling, it was well detailed - it even said that the book in question was
published with the permission of his estate. Anyone know?

			R. Ramsay

<And sneaking along last...>

sfsoc@warwick.UUCP (Science Fiction + Fantasy Society) (03/12/86)

Xpath: ukc eagle

In article <645@neon.kcl-cs.UUCP> ramsay@kcl-cs.UUCP (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:
>>>....  Philip Dick is also wonderful, but he's not writing
>>>much these days....
>>How do you know?  Just because he's not getting much published doesn't
>>mean he's not writing (as I know to my regret.)  Maybe the mail service
>>is not very efffective from where he is?
>>			Charlie Martin
>>			(...mcnc!duke!crm)
>
>I could be wrong about this, but didn't Philip Dick die in 1982? This is what
>it says in the front of one of his books I have (can't remember which). If he
>was fooling, it was well detailed - it even said that the book in question was
>published with the permission of his estate. Anyone know?
>
>			R. Ramsay

  I think a slight lack of netiquette is what caused the misunderstanding.
Charlie should have followed the article with a nice little ':-)' or even
':-(' - new symbol for a sick joke anyone. What do you think he means by
"Maybe the mail symbol is not very effective from where he is?"?
--
"Me? I want to live forever - or die        |   UWSF&FS
 trying." -Vila                             |   131 Arts Fed Pigeonholes