[net.sources.mac] Steve Capps and "Alice"

wab@reed.UUCP (William Baker) (05/03/85)

	O.k., so the joker who posted the code for "Alice" screwed
up.  I uploaded it and ran it before the notices came along saying
that it was *not* public domain.  Fine, I'll throw it away since I
respect copywright laws.
	I'm just curious what "Alice" is.  It looks like some kind
of game, but I couldn't figure out how it worked.  It might be
something I would be willing to buy.  Would someone care to drop me
a note explaining what this program does and how it works?

					Bill Baker
					tektronix!reed!wab

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (05/05/85)

In article <1450@reed.UUCP> wab@reed.UUCP (William Baker) writes:

>	O.k., so the joker who posted the code for "Alice" screwed
>up.  I uploaded it and ran it before the notices came along saying
>that it was *not* public domain.  Fine, I'll throw it away since I
>respect copywright laws.
>	I'm just curious what "Alice" is.  It looks like some kind
>of game, but I couldn't figure out how it worked.  It might be
>something I would be willing to buy.  Would someone care to drop me
>a note explaining what this program does and how it works?

Well, Alice is a very early ( I first saw it the day the Mac was introduced)
version of the program currently available as "Through the Looking Glass" from
Apple, $39.95 list.  Alice is really just the skeleton of the game, incomplete
and "Through the Looking Glass" provides many options.  It was described a few
months ago in MacWorld.( March 1985 pp, 84).

--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

"... Don't sue me, I'm just the piano player!...."